Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Since we're headed into the slower time of the year.

Roadwarrior mentioned last year that Softball should be getting an upgrade. Earlier this year Matt Larson talked about getting new locker rooms for football. He also said that an Indoor Practice Facility is something we want to do eventually.

With the SHAC finally being completed...... anyone hearing anything on projects?
    The softball complex has a lot of potential... could do a lot of cool things there and it needs it

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The softball complex has a lot of potential... could do a lot of cool things there and it needs it
    The cool thing about a new softball stadium is it doesn't take a ton of money. I was reading about the nicest stadiums in the nation and in 2015, Liberty built a 40k square foot facility with indoor batting cages, locker rooms, meeting rooms, a concourse level similar to Newman with concessions and restrooms, field turf, 1000 chairback seats with a fancy overhang, and all brick for 9 million bucks. Obviously we would never spend that kind of money because don't need coaching offices and stuff but a million bucks would go a LONG way and would be one of the nicer stadiums. Wouldn't need capacity more than 1000 obviously. If any team deserves a huge upgrade it would be the ladies

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought I remember seeing that we requested "permission" to raise 6 million for the softball stadium. Not sure where I remembered seeing that. Without a doubt, Softball is easily the 2nd best sport on campus since moving to DI and it could be argued that since there is no FCS in softball, that they have got it done against superior competition. We have a loyal coach, hopefully we go all out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I thought I remember seeing that we requested "permission" to raise 6 million for the softball stadium. Not sure where I remembered seeing that. Without a doubt, Softball is easily the 2nd best sport on campus since moving to DI and it could be argued that since there is no FCS in softball, that they have got it done against superior competition. We have a loyal coach, hopefully we go all out for him.
    Six million for softball? Damn that would give us one of the best facilities in the nation. Here's what you get for 9 million
    https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=31908

That would take some serious fund raising and a huge sponsor like Sanford, Scheels, or Newman. But damn if any team deserves it, it's the ladies. And the fans deserve to stay out of the wind when it's in the 40s and 50s

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Six million for softball? Damn that would give us one of the best facilities in the nation. Here's what you get for 9 million
    https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=31908

That would take some serious fund raising and a huge sponsor like Sanford, Scheels, or Newman. But damn if any team deserves it, it's the ladies. And the fans deserve to stay out of the wind when it's in the 40s and 50s
    I wold go to more games if it was not so damn miserable

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The next project is the locker room renovation for the football program. I got a signed letter from Coach K and a brochure on the project in the mail today. The project will be funded entirely with donations with pledges allowed to be paid over a two year period. The top donation level of $25,000 was a bit too much for me. The football locker room was last renovated in 2006 and this project is needed to keep up with the facilities race.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    The next project is the locker room renovation for the football program. I got a signed letter from Coach K and a brochure on the project in the mail today. The project will be funded entirely with donations with pledges allowed to be paid over a two year period. The top donation level of $25,000 was a bit too much for me. The football locker room was last renovated in 2006 and this project is needed to keep up with the facilities race.
    Good to hear! Wonder how much money they need?

The current locker room is "good enough" but it's certainly lacks the "wow factor" and isn't a locker room worthy of a team that won 5 consecutive national championships. And to make matters worse, all the teams we recruit against have way better locker rooms. Heck some have carved logos, ipads and speakers in their lockers. Attention is in the details and if that's the difference between wowing a stud recruit who can't decide... lets do it! This is stuff we can control.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    After softball, an IPF with a new football facility/offices/football weight room has to be the priority. We have been lapped by UND and SDSU in this area.
    Already have all these. Maybe updates for soccer after softball?

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    This is everything that is wrong with college sports. They need to renovate a locker room that is ten years old?
    College of Business Alumnus

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This is everything that is wrong with college sports. They need to renovate a locker room that is ten years old?
    Have you seen the locker room? We had tube tv's up until last year.