Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I've posted this before: NDSU should replace all the streets on campus with canals. Then students can skate to class Hans Brinker style.
    nah, too grand forksish.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBorne View Post
    NDSU student are a big part of the demand. Should be part of any wellness package, just like a swimming pool.
    No, nope, na da, no way, can't even meet you half way on this on. Sorry, but I doubt there is much student demand.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If the students want a hockey rink, they can vote for it and build one if approved. Not NDSU's job to be just building facilities for sports the university does not sponsor.

Also NDSU should have nothing to do with the women's hockey money pit.
    This ^^
    Nobody is passionate enough about club sports to vote anything in. Now maybe they would vote for an indoor skating rink to use themselves (but not club hockey) much like the aquatics center. No chance ever for club hockey. It's a really ridiculous idea in my books.

Heck I'm still waiting for the Scheels arena to do what they promised a decade ago.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I've posted this before: NDSU should replace all the streets on campus with canals. Then students can skate to class Hans Brinker style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    nah, too grand forksish.
    That was just a technical issue as only siou_age was available for the canals, and it wasn't freezing.

If they are not going to build a badminton court, at least put up an amusement park. Maybe scheels would buy us a ferris wheel... Oh, never mind
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBorne View Post
    The Fargo Coliseum is a dump that is not regulation size: too short.

The reason hockey is expensive is because ice rink rental. Fargo badly need more indoor ice. The need and demand for ice time is growing, especially club teams and students and intramurals/broomball. For NDSU not to have any ice surface is practically a disgrace.
    Heaven forbid you actually have to go outside and use one of the many outdoor rinks in town, one of which is literally a few blocks away on 12th avenue. Thats what I did growing up back in Minnesota, hell we even had hockey practice outside. You don't need an indoor arena to play hockey or to skate.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ole just finished drilling his hole in the ice and dropping his fishing line in when God spoke to him. "Ole, you will not catch any fish here." He immediately followed the heavenly voice's advice and slid his bucket to a new spot. As he started drilling his second hole God spoke to him again. "Ole, you need to leave. You can't catch fish here." Ole followed the advice and moved his bucket again. As he began to drill he heard the voice again. "Damn it Ole, I can see it is you from the announcer's booth. I tell you every Friday night there are no fish here because this is a hockey rink!"
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

More parking space.

They are taking down the tennis courts. Does that finish your project?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I think it would be interesting to have a couple bar/restaurants added to the top of the roof.