Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    For comparison:

UND's IPF
    Phase 1(completed) - 200,000 sqft - $19.5M - only the IPF portion
    Phase 2(proposed) - 117,000 sqft - $35M - offices, meeting rooms, locker rooms, weight rooms, etc.

SDSU's IPF
    150,000 sqft - $32M - like NDSU's proposal or both phases of UND's, but without the locker rooms
    You should include the NDSU indoor track to make a clear comparison since both UND and SDSU have the track in their IPF.

533 In a row

I didn't think NDSU's proposed IPF could possibly house a complete 120yrd field, but I think it's at least possible. The main field area is given as 85K sqft. A regulation field is 57,600 sqft. That would leave 27,400 sqft for surrounding space. Not saying it's a guarantee that they'll put in a full field, but at least it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    You should include the NDSU indoor track to make a clear comparison since both UND and SDSU have the track in their IPF.
    I was sort of heading in that direction, but I couldn't quickly find a breakdown of the footage in SDSU's IPF. I was going to compare the footage in the field portions to see how likely a full field would be. Eventually I tried coming from the opposite direction and calculated the footage of a full FB field. Was pleasantly surprised. Didn't realize just how much the tracks inflated the footage of their IPFs.

Details from the links road posted:

IPF
    120,000 sqft total
    85,000 sqft for the IPF
    25,000 sqft operations building - locker rooms, meeting room, sports medicine space
    10,000 sqft weight room

$37.2M total budgeted
    $2.5M for planning/insurance
    $0.8M for site prep
    $29.0M for construction
    $4.9M for contingency costs

SBPF
    11,000 sqft divided into a hitting/pitching area, and an area for team meeting rooms, storage, offices and restrooms

$2.0M total budgeted
    $0.1M for site prep
    $0.2M for planning/insurance
    $1.3M for construction
    $0.3M for contingency costs

The SBPF proposal made it clear that they considered including SB in the main IPF, but it didn't work out logistically with the IPF being so far away from the SB field. It made more sense to build a much smaller facility (<10% the size of the planned IPF) adjacent to the SB field.
    Gotta say I'm super excited to see we are putting together plans.

General thoughts? It's a big time price so I am pretty excited about that. Obviously there not talking about a D2 type facility here. I think the extra weight room and fueling station will make us more efficient and free up some space in the current weight room. With all the teams using it, it has to be more efficient. I just hope the roof is tall enough for softball. This will be great for the summer football camps which are huge for recruiting.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-15-2018 at 11:30 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I didn't think NDSU's proposed IPF could possibly house a complete 120yrd field, but I think it's at least possible. The main field area is given as 85K sqft. A regulation field is 57,600 sqft. That would leave 27,400 sqft for surrounding space. Not saying it's a guarantee that they'll put in a full field, but at least it's possible.
    I was sort of heading in that direction, but I couldn't quickly find a breakdown of the footage in SDSU's IPF. I was going to compare the footage in the field portions to see how likely a full field would be. Eventually I tried coming from the opposite direction and calculated the footage of a full FB field. Was pleasantly surprised. Didn't realize just how much the tracks inflated the footage of their IPFs.
    The tracks impact their IPF so much that they only have a 100 yard field with rounded corners. They also have space for seating while our practice field probably won't be open to the public. Shows just how valuable the track/field IPF is for space. I just hope this is big enough where softball can take fly balls or football can punt. By losing the bubble, will softball be able to use it? Their new facility is only 10K square feet, not big enough for fly balls obviously

According to the NDSU Facilities site, the bubble measures 70 feet at its highest point and provides 87,400 square feet and our IPF for track is 78,000
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-15-2018 at 07:19 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

With legalized sports gambling on the horizon, there should be no trouble raising money for athletic teams if the legislature limits it to charitable sites like we do now with blackjack
    It's OK to not be OK.

Did some googling of major FB program's IPFs... LSU's IPF which has a full size 120 yard field is 83,000 SF... so, I am thinking that's similar to what NDSU has planned.

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...ity/542908001/

Also noted in the NDUS fact sheet this in the description: " The building will have state-of-the-art lighting, AV and filming space for our teams to utilize."

Alabama's IPF features: " installation of the state-of-the-art Wavecam system. The camera system, which suspends from the ceiling of the facility, operates similar to that of the sky cam systems used by network broadcasts of college football games. The system gives the football coaching staff superior vantage points to breakdown plays compared to traditional standard practice video." Would be cool... but maybe that's overreaching.

https://rolltide.com/sports/2016/6/1...risp-html.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Did some googling of major FB program's IPFs... LSU's IPF which has a full size 120 yard field is 83,000 SF... so, I am thinking that's similar to what NDSU has planned.

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...ity/542908001/

Also noted in the NDUS fact sheet this in the description: " The building will have state-of-the-art lighting, AV and filming space for our teams to utilize."

Alabama's IPF features: " installation of the state-of-the-art Wavecam system. The camera system, which suspends from the ceiling of the facility, operates similar to that of the sky cam systems used by network broadcasts of college football games. The system gives the football coaching staff superior vantage points to breakdown plays compared to traditional standard practice video." Would be cool... but maybe that's overreaching.

https://rolltide.com/sports/2016/6/1...risp-html.aspx
    Wish we had a wave cam for football game broadcasts. Or a drone.

When this is all said and done, we are going to have a shit load of space. Not only space, but NICE space!

New ipf - 120k sq ft
    Indoor track and field - 80k sq feet
    Softball facility- 11k sq ft

Then you got the SHAC that added 100k sq feet to the BSA which was already huge.

Of course that doesn't include all the coaching offices and meeting rooms in the dome which is an impressive facility in itself

That's gotta be one of the largest collection of indoor sports facilities out there and if we think back ten years ago, its incredible

I remember the days of plaster falling off the ceiling of the SHAC to the ridiculous Fargodome video boards, crappy 80s turf, mud tailgating lot, tube TVs, crappy Walmart dome lighting, the crumbling stands at Dacotah Field with 20 year old practice turf. The locker room was horrible and now its first class. The ticket office was an ice box. Our Hall Of Fame was incredibly embarrassing. Not to mention our old softball stadium that was like a tee ball stadium at Lindenwood.

Success breeds success

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wish we had a wave cam for football game broadcasts. Or a drone.

When this is all said and done, we are going to have a shit load of space. Not only space, but NICE space!

New ipf - 120k sq ft
    Indoor track and field - 80k sq feet
    Softball facility- 11k sq ft

Then you got the SHAC that added 100k sq feet to the BSA which was already huge.

Of course that doesn't include all the coaching offices and meeting rooms in the dome which is an impressive facility in itself

That's gotta be one of the largest collection of indoor sports facilities out there and if we think back ten years ago, its incredible

I remember the days of plaster falling off the ceiling of the SHAC to the ridiculous Fargodome video boards, crappy 80s turf, mud tailgating lot, tube TVs, crappy Walmart dome lighting, the crumbling stands at Dacotah Field with 20 year old practice turf. The locker room was horrible and now its first class. The ticket office was an ice box. Our Hall Of Fame was incredibly embarrassing. Not to mention our old softball stadium that was like a tee ball stadium at Lindenwood.

Success breeds success
    I kinda miss the grass lots for tailgating. Obviously paved makes way more sense, especially around here with snow removal and such but for the early tailgates the grass was better.