Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I kinda miss the grass lots for tailgating. Obviously paved makes way more sense, especially around here with snow removal and such but for the early tailgates the grass was better.
    I agree with the old grass lot, it was nice, now we have carpet not easy on the feet and legs though.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I kinda miss the grass lots for tailgating. Obviously paved makes way more sense, especially around here with snow removal and such but for the early tailgates the grass was better.
    It was the best... until it rained or snow melted. Mud pit.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I drove by the new IPF to see the upgrades and I noticed they moved the press box from Dacotah Field from the middle to the north end of the top of the original stands. Anyone know what the plans are?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I drove by the new IPF to see the upgrades and I noticed they moved the press box from Dacotah Field from the middle to the north end of the top of the original stands. Anyone know what the plans are?
    I assume you mean the west end of the original stands, not the north. North doesn't make any sense.

Probably just lining it up with the center of the field where it should be. When they expanded the BSA, they moved the field west something like 30 yards. The press box has been way off-center ever since. Just pull it up in Google Maps to see how bad. The "newer" press box was centered on the equivalent of the 25 yard line, and the original press box was centered on the 13. If they moved it all the way to the west end of the original stands, it should now be centered on the 45(as good as they can get).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I assume you mean the west end of the original stands, not the north. North doesn't make any sense.

Probably just lining it up with the center of the field where it should be. When they expanded the BSA, they moved the field west something like 30 yards. The press box has been way off-center ever since. Just pull it up in Google Maps to see how bad. The "newer" press box was centered on the equivalent of the 25 yard line, and the original press box was centered on the 13. If they moved it all the way to the west end of the original stands, it should now be centered on the 45(as good as they can get).
    Pulled it up on Google and you are spot on.

Right now there is an ugly gap where the press box once was, I hope they plan on fixing that. It makes the stands look sort of ghetto.

Matt Larson talked about further upgrades last year but didn't elaborate much.

I hope they keep adding matching bench seating so it looks more uniform. Although it's 100x better than it was 9 years ago with peeling lead paint and 80s astroturf, it still looks disjointed

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Pulled it up on Google and you are spot on.

Right now there is an ugly gap where the press box once was, I hope they plan on fixing that. It makes the stands look sort of ghetto.

Matt Larson talked about further upgrades last year but didn't elaborate much.

I hope they keep adding matching bench seating so it looks more uniform. Although it's 100x better than it was 9 years ago with peeling lead paint and 80s astroturf, it still looks disjointed
    Since we are likely stuck with the Dome for another 20+ years, I hope we use this time to bring all of our facilities up to a high G5 standard.

A couple must...

1. We either need to gut the the SHAC arena portion and redo it right so that it is a top tier facility or build a new basketball specific arena. The SHAC could be the home of M/W Wrestling, Volleyball, and a Big XII women's gymnastics program that will need to be added to offset FBS scholarship additions.

2. Partner with the Redhawks to build an indoor specific baseball practice field. It would be a boon to both squads and is a must for any Northern program. There is plenty of space for this along the left field line.

3. Finish out the Softball stadium and hitting IPF they have plans for there. Since we would have a larger diamond IPF, the original plans can be scaled back.

4. 300m indoor track connected to Ellig similar to what the University of Oregon has. We are as much of a T&F school as a football school and we need to continue and invest there. It would also provide more indoor space for intramural sports.

5. This is is the big one. In an ideal world, we would hit up Uncle Kramer for some pork to move the Schafer building on Albrecht over to 18th by the rest of the Ag related infrastructure. It makes a ton of sense as for those that have been in that building, it is weirdly designed and over packed. It is not designed to be functional in the 21st century. A state of the art biosecurity focused USDA facility makes a ton of sense for our mission. Moving this building would allow NDSU to seamlessly connect its athletic campus while providing more parking on campus and allow additional space for future projects that may be needed a generation from now.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Since we are likely stuck with the Dome for another 20+ years, I hope we use this time to bring all of our facilities up to a high G5 standard.

A couple must...

1. We either need to gut the the SHAC arena portion and redo it right so that it is a top tier facility or build a new basketball specific arena. The SHAC could be the home of M/W Wrestling, Volleyball, and a Big XII women's gymnastics program that will need to be added to offset FBS scholarship additions.

2. Partner with the Redhawks to build an indoor specific baseball practice field. It would be a boon to both squads and is a must for any Northern program. There is plenty of space for this along the left field line.

3. Finish out the Softball stadium and hitting IPF they have plans for there. Since we would have a larger diamond IPF, the original plans can be scaled back.

4. 300m indoor track connected to Ellig similar to what the University of Oregon has. We are as much of a T&F school as a football school and we need to continue and invest there. It would also provide more indoor space for intramural sports.

5. This is is the big one. In an ideal world, we would hit up Uncle Kramer for some pork to move the Schafer building on Albrecht over to 18th by the rest of the Ag related infrastructure. It makes a ton of sense as for those that have been in that building, it is weirdly designed and over packed. It is not designed to be functional in the 21st century. A state of the art biosecurity focused USDA facility makes a ton of sense for our mission. Moving this building would allow NDSU to seamlessly connect its athletic campus while providing more parking on campus and allow additional space for future projects that may be needed a generation from now.
    All of the facilities are solid but like you said we should be pushing for high G5

Really a new basketball arena should be where Dacotah Field sits and a new soccer stadium should be where Rugby is or where the soccer practice field is

The SHAC is perfect for WBB and larger wrestling matches. I love the idea of adding womens wrestling too. It's becoming a big deal during the USA Wrestling tournament tt the dome. Fargo is kind of the center of the girls wrestling world. Check out the turnout for the girls championship https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8YNHS27/
    OT, the conference center and Fargodome addition will take this event to the next level

Track & Field
    They could extend the Shelly Ellig to the west to get a 300 meter track and cut into the parking lot. It would easily be the most cost effective. That building is functional but really needs some windows or translucent panels like the IPF has

The new outdoor track needs a bowl around it so it feels like a contained complex. Even a brick fence would improve the feel. Preferably wrap some more seating around it. Even if it's empty it would feel more like a bowl

SOFTBALL
    I would like to see the grsndstand extended to 1st and 3rd base. It would just look complete. It also needs a video board

The problem with Newman is the bioscience is inconveniently located behind it. You move that and there could be outfield seats or a structure. Plus it would be a good place for a basketball arena

The IPF will help with baseball but the Redhawks have batting cages beneath Newman. They also share the ballyard with Youth Baseball. I think the softball IPF is still a go

But an athletics village is what I ultimately want to see. A community gathering plaza just to the west of softball, baseball, and track. Within ealking distance of the tailgating lot. Work with the Park District and developers to make something awesome to improve the fan experience. It was discussed last year
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...my-crazy-ideas

May I humbly suggest raising the $25M to qualify for the State's $75M so you can replace the Engineering building. It's the top facility priority.

https://kfgo.com/2022/06/29/ndsus-ou...-construction/