Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I believe this is actively being talked about by Matt Larsen and others internally. I don't think it will be too much longer before it's talked about publicly. I assume as with most major builds they like to have the interview big dinir on the hook(at least privately) before announcing anything. My guess is within the next 12 months it's talked about openly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    As far as cost goes, the phase 1 part for UND was 13 million and it looks great. We don't need all the stuff in UND pase 2 and SDSU has because we already have it built into the SHAC, Dome, and Indoor Track Facility so we should be able to do something similar for 10-15 million.

Looking at a google maps image, they would probably have to do a building going east/west along 15th Ave N where the current practice fields sit. Then they could still have enough space for turf going in the front of it. Would still want something outdoors for hot outdoor game prep. Going easy to west would give some space for additional space for lockers, offices, and storage
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-13-2018 at 09:24 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Two interesting items on the SBHE Budget and Finance committee agenda for tomorrow:

6. Recommend authorization for NDSU to begin a formal fundraising campaign for a new Softball Indoor Facility through the NDSU Foundation and Alumni Association with an estimated amount of $2,000,000

7. Recommend authorization for NDSU to begin a formal fundraising campaign for a new Indoor Practice Facility through the NDSU Foundation and Alumni Association with an estimated amount of $37,200,000
    The softball facility will be located on the third base side of the softball field. http://ndus.edu/uploads/resources/88...undraising.pdf

The 120,000 square foot IPF will be located where the current practice fields are south of the SHAC. http://ndus.edu/uploads/resources/88...undraising.pdf

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Two interesting items on the SBHE Budget and Finance committee agenda for tomorrow:

The softball facility will be located on the third base side of the softball field. http://ndus.edu/uploads/resources/88...undraising.pdf

The 120,000 square foot IPF will be located where the current practice fields are south of the SHAC. http://ndus.edu/uploads/resources/88...undraising.pdf
    $37million???? Wow. That thing will be an absolute shrine for that price.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So track, softball, and football will all have separate indoor facilities? That seems like a lot for a school like NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    So track, softball, and football will all have separate indoor facilities? That seems like a lot for a school like NDSU.
    I disagree. You want to stay on top? Be the best.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Agreed. The first time two sports needed the space at the same time for any reason you'd hear a lot of bitching about being small time and not having facilities for each sport.

And to think some have stated that ML and staff don't know what they are doing and aren't doing anything but sit on their asses. Not to mention they are just resting on the success of the football team. Who would have thought??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Are they the best though? At $37 million football should be. But Ellig is small and looks cheap.

Details from the links road posted:

IPF
    120,000 sqft total
    85,000 sqft for the IPF
    25,000 sqft operations building - locker rooms, meeting room, sports medicine space
    10,000 sqft weight room

$37.2M total budgeted
    $2.5M for planning/insurance
    $0.8M for site prep
    $29.0M for construction
    $4.9M for contingency costs

SBPF
    11,000 sqft divided into a hitting/pitching area, and an area for team meeting rooms, storage, offices and restrooms

$2.0M total budgeted
    $0.1M for site prep
    $0.2M for planning/insurance
    $1.3M for construction
    $0.3M for contingency costs

The SBPF proposal made it clear that they considered including SB in the main IPF, but it didn't work out logistically with the IPF being so far away from the SB field. It made more sense to build a much smaller facility (<10% the size of the planned IPF) adjacent to the SB field.

For comparison:

UND's IPF
    Phase 1(completed) - 200,000 sqft - $19.5M - only the IPF portion
    Phase 2(proposed) - 117,000 sqft - $35M - offices, meeting rooms, locker rooms, weight rooms, etc.

SDSU's IPF
    150,000 sqft - $32M - like NDSU's proposal or both phases of UND's, but without the locker rooms