Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Iupui 2/19

Default Iupui 2/19

No offense to those who have made a thread using both games previously, or now this week. We need to take things one game at a time. Sure, it's coach speak, I heard Richman say it today. But we need to treat games of this importance individually. So let's talk about Thursday night's game vs IUPUI and keep our lead in the standings. Hopefully we get a good crowd for a Thursday to watch the 1st place Bison try for 34 in a row at home.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Iupui 2/19

I thought it was 24, but still damn impressive! Maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Default Re: Iupui 2/19

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    I thought it was 24, but still damn impressive! Maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I stand corrected. NDSU basketball (much like football) currently has a 23 game winning streak.
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Im actually quite interested to see this IUPUI team in person. They were absolutely terrible the past couple of season's under Howard but it seems Coach Gardner has that team playing a lot better. They play a ton of guys and really dont have any standouts. The jags took a lot of lumps in non-conference only winning 4 games but are near .500 in conference play and middle of the pack in the league. They also play tough on the road going 3-3 in conference road games. Obviously this a must win game for NDSU to keep pace with SDSU for the #1 seed, it would be nice to get a lead early and put the Jags away late without it being a close game.

Go Bison!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder how Kory's knee is doing?

It did take OT to beat them at their place earlier in the year. But we play way better at home.

SDSU: Away- lost by 10, Home- won by 3. (+13)
    Omaha: Away- won by 3, Home- Won by 7. (+4)
    USD: Away- lost by 4, Home- won by 24. (+28)
    Western Illinois: Away- won by 2, Home- won by 13. (+11)
    Denver: Away- won by 4, Home- won by 4. (-)
    ORU: Away-TBD, Home- won by 6.
    IUPUI: Away- won by 8, Home- TBD.
    IPFW: Away- lost by 6, Home- TBD.

So the margain of victory, so to speak, at home vs on the road is +11.2 points. I think we take care for business this week.
    Last edited by Bison03; 02-17-2015 at 09:07 PM.
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We play better at home and I feel as though are team has improved more than any other except maybe SDSU since conference play has started so I like our chances Thursday night. Hopefully we have everyone back to 100% and can get out to a nice lead and get a double digit victory to build some momentum heading into a very important game Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    It did take OT to beat them at their place earlier in the year. But we play way better at home.

SDSU: Away- lost by 10, Home- won by 3. (+13)
    Omaha: Away- lost by 3, Home- Won by 7. (+10)
    USD: Away- lost by 4, Home- won by 24. (+28)
    Western Illinois: Away- won by 2, Home- won by 13. (+11)
    Denver: Away- won by 4, Home- won by 4. (-)
    ORU: Away-TBD, Home- won by 6.
    IUPUI: Away- won by 8, Home- TBD.
    IPFW: Away- lost by 6, Home- TBD.

So the margain of victory, so to speak, at home vs on the road is +12.4 points. I think we take care for business this week.
    We swept Omaha.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    We swept Omaha.
    Oops, thanks. fixed my analysis.
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Im actually quite interested to see this IUPUI team in person. They were absolutely terrible the past couple of season's under Howard but it seems Coach Gardner has that team playing a lot better. They play a ton of guys and really dont have any standouts. The jags took a lot of lumps in non-conference only winning 4 games but are near .500 in conference play and middle of the pack in the league. They also play tough on the road going 3-3 in conference road games. Obviously this a must win game for NDSU to keep pace with SDSU for the #1 seed, it would be nice to get a lead early and put the Jags away late without it being a close game.

Go Bison!
    This Coach Gardner is quite the interesting hire for IUPUI. He was a big-time high-school recruit back in the day. And he is from Indiana originally, so even if he can't coach, hire some assistants who can.
    He would have instant name recognition as soon as he starts recruiting someone in the region.
    According to the IUPUI roster, Gardner had no trouble attracting transfers for his first season.
    So the question to be answered is, "Can he build a program?"
    It was Mayville native Lute Olsen who recruited Jason Gardner to the U of Arizona. He had quite a college career while in Tuscon.....

Gardner’s racked up numerous accolades during his prestigious high school, college and professional playing careers. He was a 1999 McDonald’s and Parade All-American while at North Central High School, finishing his prep career with a school record 1,669 points. He was a two-time Gatorade Circle of Champions Indiana Player of the Year and was named the 1998-99 Indianapolis County Player of the Year by The Indianapolis Star and Indianapolis News. His senior season, he helped NCHS to the IHSAA 4A state championship and Tournament of Champions title while averaging 22.6 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 3.0 steals per game.

The 5-foot-10 point guard was recruited to the University of Arizona by legendary Head Coach Lute Olsen, where he was a four-year All-American for the Wildcats. He was the 2002-03 Naismith National Player of the Year and Lowe’s Senior CLASS award recipient. He was the 2000 consensus National Freshman of the Year and closed his career as one of four players in Pac-12 history with 1,500 points, 500 assists and 200 steals for a career. He helped lead Arizona to two Pac-12 regular season titles (2000, 2003) and four consecutive NCAA Tournament berths. The Wildcats made three Sweet Sixteens (2001, 2002, 2003), two Elite Eights (2001, 2003) and were the NCAA national runner-up in 2001.
    http://iupuijags.com/coaches.aspx?rc=459&path=mbball