Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Available teams to replace Western Carolina

Default Re: Available teams to replace Western Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    2016 defense isn't going to have very many new pieces that aren't CBs. In fact, it's likely that the whole front 7 and both safeties will be returnees in 2016.
    You're right. I was thinking next year...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I would prefer any team with the name Cupcake. Defense could use some easier games to get acclimated together before the conference games start. We lose a week of fall camp by playing a week earlier than normal. Would be nice to play some games that don't stress them out too much early in the season. Good learning games.
    I don't think that is true. Since the game is sanctioned by the NCAA to kick start the season, I think the Bison and Montana get to start their fall camps a week earlier than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I don't think that is true. Since the game is sanctioned by the NCAA to kick start the season, I think the Bison and Montana get to start their fall camps a week earlier than everyone else.
    I was thinking the same thing. You get x amount of days to get x amount of practices in before your first game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. You get x amount of days to get x amount of practices in before your first game.
    I thought I remember hearing about how last year SHSU and EWU "lost" a week of fall camp by playing the game a week early. Granted, they probably had an extra bye week in there as I remember the announcers from the SHSU game saying they basically almost didn't play for an entire month after the first game/first couple of games, but not a situation I would say is ideal.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Southern Illinois is off the schedule in 2016. We could play a non-conference game vs a conference opponent if it works. Highly unlikely, but you never know.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    Southern Illinois is off the schedule in 2016. We could play a non-conference game vs a conference opponent if it works. Highly unlikely, but you never know.
    That is a terrible idea.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

lots of good teams

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    That is a terrible idea.

I don't believe I demanded the game to be scheduled with my suggestion/comment. Just throwing out another "available team", as it is the name of the thread.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    lots of good teams
    There are, but the good teams would want home and home games. There is no way Villanova or Montana or Jacksonville State or New Hampshire would do a single guarantee game in Fargo. They can make more than the $200k guarantee that NDSU will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    There are, but the good teams would want home and home games. There is no way Villanova or Montana or Jacksonville State or New Hampshire would do a single guarantee game in Fargo. They can make more than the $200k guarantee that NDSU will pay.
    Stick to the formula. I'd give the whole Patriot a call, then the MEAC, then the SWAC.

Somebody will come for a paycheck and a beating.