Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/19 iupui & 2/21 ipfw

Default Re: 2/19 iupui & 2/21 ipfw

I'm in +3 for Thursday. Can't make it on Saturday but made sure a Bison fan and his family are in my seats.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Seats are ok. The company makes the seats top notch.
    The grumpy couple do make games more enjoyable
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There really isn't a bad seat in the house so not to worry about which section you get, I'm in +3 for both games.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    The grumpy couple do make games more enjoyable
    Oh, you guys aren't really that grumpy.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can't loose at home period. Does anyone know about Summit League tie rules for seeding?

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Can't loose at home period. Does anyone know about Summit League tie rules for seeding?
    SDSU is sitting pretty in the tie breaker situation. We would need denver to finish better then USD.

Im hoping we can take care of business these last three games, which wont be easy and that the Yotes can beat SDSU in vermillion.

Tiebreaker Procedures

Tiebreaker procedures shall be used ONLY to determine seeds for the League tournament. Regular season standings shall stand.

If there are multiple ties, the ties shall be broken in descending order. (i.e., a tie at the #1 position will be broken before any others).
    Once a tie is broken using the procedures below, it shall remain broken for purposes of all future comparisons.

Two-team Tiebreaking Criteria. The following criteria should be applied (in order) to break ties between two teams:
    -Results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
    -Comparison of each tied team's record against the team occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage.
    -When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group's own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.

If a tie still cannot be broken after applying criteria (1), (2) and (3), it will be broken by comparing each tied team's RPI (based upon the RPIratings.com Report issued on the morning following the last regular season League game).
    Results of each tied team's collective record against the other teams tied for the same position.

If multiple ties still remain, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the team or group (if 2 or more are tied) occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage.

If the above results in two teams remaining, the two-team tiebreaker is used.

If a tie involving three or more teams still cannot be broken after applying criteria (1) and (2), it will be broken by comparing each tied team's RPI (based upon the RPIratings.com Report issued on the morning following the last regular season League game.)

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Saturday needs to sellout, huge game against IPFW and of course it is LA's final home game. He and this team deserves a big crowd.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Essentially the team with the worse loss gets a better seed. Always hated that rule, but it is what it is.