Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison in the CFL

Default Re: Bison in the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I've tried to watch it... but let's just say Bison fans who like to see A gap power ran 6 times in a row are going to be sorely disappointed with Canadian football.
    The running forward before the snap drives me crazy. The extra point at kick offs not so much. Review the rules before viewing to stave off confusion.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I've tried to watch it... but let's just say Bison fans who like to see A gap power ran 6 times in a row are going to be sorely disappointed with Canadian football.
    Just more chances to yell, "Run the damn ball!!!!!" at the TV.....
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    The running forward before the snap drives me crazy. The extra point at kick offs not so much. Review the rules before viewing to stave off confusion.
    The only 3 downs drives me nuts the most.

I don't know what the QB position look like for the Red Blacks but that is one seriously bad team. 2-16 last season. It will be interesting to see how the depth chart stacks up in Saskatchewan for Smith. They extended Dressler for another 4 years and Getzlaff is back plus they just traded for a SB/WR. The fans on their board see Ryan as, potentially, one of the 4 main receivers going into the season. I hope they know what they are talking aboot.

Just like if Brock made an NFL team, no different in the CFL...he is a rookie. He may get some playing time (not sure if CFL has preseason..sorry) but give it time and I am sure he will show what's he's got.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

CFL teams have two preseason games. GMs can be very quirky. I have seen FCS champion players go from being CFL players of the week to camp bodies the next year.

StL Bison Fan...c'mon I coached HS football in Canada and NC. The motion isn't that bad to deal with, neither are the three downs. Would love to see some of our American friends come up and tailgate for the game. Might even be able to find some San Miguel, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post
    CFL teams have two preseason games. GMs can be very quirky. I have seen FCS champion players go from being CFL players of the week to camp bodies the next year.

StL Bison Fan...c'mon I coached HS football in Canada and NC. The motion isn't that bad to deal with, neither are the three downs. Would love to see some of our American friends come up and tailgate for the game. Might even be able to find some San Miguel, too.
    I could live with the motion if I had San Miguel!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Cool Re: Bison in the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I don't know what the QB position look like for the Red Blacks but that is one seriously bad team. 2-16 last season. It will be interesting to see how the depth chart stacks up in Saskatchewan for Smith. They extended Dressler for another 4 years and Getzlaff is back plus they just traded for a SB/WR. The fans on their board see Ryan as, potentially, one of the 4 main receivers going into the season. I hope they know what they are talking aboot.
    my wife and I actually attended the Saskatchewan -RedBlacks game this past Sept. in Regina(visiting daughter)- beautiful day - atmosphere was awesome - crowd in into it. the Redblack QB was excellent actually. game went to OT(Roughs won)
    .RedBlacks are expansion team I think- they lost lots of close games, Dressler was the hero of the game no doubt. In Oct. - went to Vikes VS Lions - terrible game and atmosphere. Enjoyed the CFL much better in '14 anyway..

Drove by the Edmonton Eskimos stadium this week. Verrrry nice place.
    Grew up watching CFL football and really enjoyed it. Even played a couple HS games up there. I do agree tho that the 3 downs thing is shitty.
    Bison Hall of Famer Mike McTague punted for Winnipeg in the late 70s.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Bison Hall of Famer Mike McTague punted for Winnipeg in the late 70s.
    He played for a few different teams.

Never Winnipeg.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.