Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison in the CFL

Default Re: Bison in the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    RedBlacks' Brock Jensen was the original Carson Wentz http://m.ottawasun.com/2016/04/26/re...3befb23357b78#
    From the news article, worth putting into a post:
    "RedBlacks quarterback Henry Burris, the CFL’s Most Outstanding Player in 2015, says the guy who started ahead of Wentz for three years at North Dakota State is pretty good, too. That guy is RedBlacks quarterback Brock Jensen, who has hopes to one day be much more than the answer to a trivia question.

All Jensen, a second-year quarterback with the Ottawa RedBlacks, did as the starter for the Bison was lead the team to three straight FCS national championships, going 47-5 as a starter. When Jensen graduated, Wentz took over and wowed NFL scouts.

'Brock is the real Carson Wentz,' Burris said. 'Seriously, he is. All the records Carson has tried to break, Brock did it. Brock’s got more athletic, he probably has the stronger arm, I don’t know why Brock wasn’t drafted in the first round. He’s got it all, all he needs now is the experience.'"

Wow. That's a bold statement.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    From the news article, worth putting into a post:
    "RedBlacks quarterback Henry Burris, the CFL’s Most Outstanding Player in 2015, says the guy who started ahead of Wentz for three years at North Dakota State is pretty good, too. That guy is RedBlacks quarterback Brock Jensen, who has hopes to one day be much more than the answer to a trivia question.

All Jensen, a second-year quarterback with the Ottawa RedBlacks, did as the starter for the Bison was lead the team to three straight FCS national championships, going 47-5 as a starter. When Jensen graduated, Wentz took over and wowed NFL scouts.

'Brock is the real Carson Wentz,' Burris said. 'Seriously, he is. All the records Carson has tried to break, Brock did it. Brock’s got more athletic, he probably has the stronger arm, I don’t know why Brock wasn’t drafted in the first round. He’s got it all, all he needs now is the experience.'"
    No offense to Brock but Burris is full of shit. Carson didn't try to break any records, is more athletic and has the stronger arm and I'm guessing Brock would agree. Brock was a great QB for NDSU, had the chance to play 4 years on some great teams resulting in a lot of those records. Both of them played for wins and championships not records just like every other NDSU player has before them and will into the future.

From a certain perspective, its personal PR. Making Brock out to be the Proto-Carson who *should* have been drafted makes Burris look better since Burris is the starter on the team and still ahead of this amazing player.

Not to say Brock isn't awesome, I honestly think the Red Blacks would do well to give him the Starter's job. But that said I'm Biased.

I saw Burris play two years ago, very quick, amzing for his age.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

FYI

Redblacks Depth Chart for tonight's preseason game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats

1. Obrien
    2. Jensen
    3. Harris

More than likely whoever does better out of the 2 will be getting that 3rd spot.

IS that going to be on ESPN3?

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you wanna watch Brock at work,hit the link ...................... http://ticats.ca/live-stream

Brock is in now...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)