Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 2-14 bring your valentine to the SDSU game

Default Re: 2-14 bring your valentine to the SDSU game

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    There has always been an auto for the regular season champ, at least since the NCAA took it over.

The only difference between the WNIT and NIT is that you can still finish second and get a WNIT auto if the #1 seed goes the NCAA tournament.
    This is correct. Should SDSU win on a tiebreaker and advance to the NCAAs, NDSU will have no right to the NIT bid, despite finishing the regular season with the same record and splitting the H2H.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    For what its worth, I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when AJ missed the 3. As an SDSU fan, that is exactly the kind of shot I expect to go down for the Bison when playing us.

If its my team, of course I want a better shot. But games have been won with much worse, and its tough to fault a kid for believing in themselves.
    Next time you goto a game, wear your knee brace on the inside of your jeans, please.

Maybe AJ was thinking take the 3 cause we already had the weekend road split wrapped up? Hide
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Coach R says they "had a pretty good look at a three in transition to cut it to a one point game"....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr9o96O35-4
    1:09 into the interview. Doesn't exactly sound like he was disappointed with the shot selection.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

yea, it was a pretty good look. with 5+ minutes remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    yea, it was a pretty good look. with 5+ minutes remaining.
    I find it interesting that he even mentioned it. Maybe it was just a vote of confidence? Who knows. I've talked to 4 coaches about it. Two were OK with the shot. One was luke warm about it like me and would rather he take it to the rack and one against the shot.