Thread: Utah Valley 2/7

Default Utah Valley 2/7

Taking in my first Bison Wrestling dual ever. My son has started youth wrestling so decided to bring him to a powerhouse wrestling location!
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Default Re: Utah Valley 2/7

Bison win 24-13
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

That wraps of the WWC dual season title for NDSU. I believe this is their first.

Way to go Bison!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

They still have SDSU on the 22nd. They faced off, and won, earlier in the year, but it didn't count as a conference dual. If they win, and that's a big if, they go undefeated and win the regular season conference title.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    They still have SDSU on the 22nd. They faced off, and won, earlier in the year, but it didn't count as a conference dual. If they win, and that's a big if, they go undefeated and win the regular season conference title.
    Shoot, I forgot about the second dual with SDSU. I feel NDSU has the advantage and should win this year. Going forward, Kish and company are going to have to pick up their recruiting game as Bono is an excellent salesman and might be a bigger threat in the WWC than Branch at Wyoming.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The Bison went 5-0 in 2012-13, so they are going for the 2nd title this time.

Our guys won 23-14 in the first dual with SDSU, but just about everything went our way in that one. I think the next dual will depend on what happens at 141, 149, and 174.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    The Bison went 5-0 in 2012-13, so they are going for the 2nd title this time.

Our guys won 23-14 in the first dual with SDSU, but just about everything went our way in that one. I think the next dual will depend on what happens at 141, 149, and 174.
    You're correct, I forgot UNI had left for the MAC that season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I think Bengston gets some revenge and beats Zilverberg this time around. The two that I think will decide the dual are 149 and 197. Ream didn't wrestle very well vs Utah Valley, but he had been on fire previously. Kocer is really tough and whoever gets the first takedown, will win the match IMO. 197 could, and should, swing our way IF Rotert stays out. Even if he's back, maybe he isn't quite at full strength and Tommy can outlast him.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I think Bengston gets some revenge and beats Zilverberg this time around. The two that I think will decide the dual are 149 and 197. Ream didn't wrestle very well vs Utah Valley, but he had been on fire previously. Kocer is really tough and whoever gets the first takedown, will win the match IMO. 197 could, and should, swing our way IF Rotert stays out. Even if he's back, maybe he isn't quite at full strength and Tommy can outlast him.
    Rotert didn't wrestle against UVU this weekend, but was very dominate the week prior against Air Force's Carda. He's one of the underclassmen that are going to make SDSU tough to beat in the near future. If Weddington wrestles at 197, I expect a big win from Peterson.
    Hail the BISON!!!