Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: redshirt freshman looking forward to seeing

Default Re: redshirt freshman looking forward to seeing

I'm just excited for next year, period. All on roster are of mindset that they can be starters--love that. Winter workouts are going great too! Gotta appreciate the dedication of these kids to The NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Redshirt Freshmen I'm excited to see come SPRING GAME...etc

QB Easton Stick---I've heard great things about him from practice and I'd bet the farm he is #2 on Depth Chart

RB Lance Dunn---love the potential of him taking it to the house if breaks a run---and compete at RB position

WR Khayvon Hawkins---like his size and want to see if he has improved during RS year

TE Nate Jenson--great size and athletic ability---battle for #2 and #3 positions at TE behind Lucas Albers

** Also PRAY that Marcus Collins gets healthy and BONUS would be him playing football

OL---want to see RFR OL battle for b/u spots on OL this year and possible fill the OPEN C position

LB--Dan Marlette--see if his added size gets him in position to win an OLB spot

LB--Levi Jordheim---see how much better he has gotten and bigger during RS year

CB-Jalen Allison---if can be #3 CB position and allow Tre Dempsey to move to FS

S Jaylaan Wimbush--if will be a b/u to Board at SS

S Isaac Cenescar---if can win FS job or be a b/u at either S job

GO BISON

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Me too! Time to stop the thinking that if a player is of exceptional size for his position, he clearly needs to be moved "up a weight class". The same thinking would have had Nick Deluca playing defensive end.
    I've had those thoughts at times but we have had one of the best defenses in college football over the past 4 years. If the coaches want to switch a guy to get more speed at a position then go for it. For example, Board at DE seems strange to me but if that idea catches our coaching staff's fancy then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I've had those thoughts at times but we have had one of the best defenses in college football over the past 4 years. If the coaches want to switch a guy to get more speed at a position then go for it. For example, Board at DE seems strange to me but if that idea catches our coaching staff's fancy then do it.
    This is Klieman's team, this is not Craig Bohl's team. You can bet it will evolve slightly every year - the teams around us are evolving.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    This is Klieman's team, this is not Craig Bohl's team. You can bet it will evolve slightly every year - the teams around us are evolving.
    ^this

Unless we're in the same room with these coaches, or on the practice field with them, we really have no idea what they're planning with the personnel they have to work with. I understand that we can speculate about a bunch of things all day long, because we're fans and that's our job. But, in the words of one the best ever to be a RB for the Bison, "At the end of the day" the coaches know what is best for the team and I'll support their decisions all day long......unless they call that pass play to Haeg again.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 12>1 View Post
    ^this

Unless we're in the same room with these coaches, or on the practice field with them, we really have no idea what they're planning with the personnel they have to work with. I understand that we can speculate about a bunch of things all day long, because we're fans and that's our job. But, in the words of one the best ever to be a RB for the Bison, "At the end of the day" the coaches know what is best for the team and I'll support their decisions all day long......unless they call that pass play to Haeg again.
    No one, and I don't care if Coach K wins 20 straight championships and has the greatest athlete of all time at tackle, should ever call this play again.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    No one, and I don't care if Coach K wins 20 straight championships and has the greatest athlete of all time at tackle, should ever call this play again.
    I hope they run it first play of the season against Montana so I can look around and see if anyone's head has exploded.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    I hope they run it first play of the season against Montana so I can look around and see if anyone's head has exploded.
    Does that mean you'll be there? Hook me up with some tickets!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Does anyone know if Marcus Collins is going to be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Does anyone know if Marcus Collins is going to be back?
    What did I miss?