Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2/7 vs South Dakota

Default Re: 2/7 vs South Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by 12>1 View Post
    I kind of like the old building from what I can see. Never been in either, but willing to bet the atmosphere in that old place was better. One looks like a basketball arena, the other is obviously for teh hockies.
    It will be better because there will actually be fans outside of Sioux Falls.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Unsure what your getting at not.... It will be a nicer venue just because it is nicer.... I have bought tickets for years to this and had no troubles far easier then finding football tickets ... But you have to throw your absurd viewpoint in wtf I mean where r u from Uranus or iran

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Much larger if they use it all. I have heard they are not selling tickets in upper level for the tournament.

You can't be serious
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    You can't be serious
    He's serious. With NDSU and SDSU #1 & #2 on the men's side and USD and SDSU #1 & #2 on the women's (most likely for both), they might regret that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    He's serious. With NDSU and SDSU #1 & #2 on the men's side and USD and SDSU #1 & #2 on the women's (most likely for both), they might regret that decision.
    I was under the impression that they would start selling upper level tickets if the lower level sells out, which I believe is approx 7,700 seats.

I hope they do a better conversion than Scheel's arena does. Some conversion arenas are very well done and you can hardly notice teh hockies.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    I hope they do a better conversion than Scheel's arena does. Some conversion arenas are very well done and you can hardly notice teh hockies.

Scheels arena probably needs a quick turn around? Reason why they didn't optimize to basketball? Or just don't have experience like Sioux Falls have been doing it for years.

Thank you Bison Nation for showing up at this game that I was able to be at also. This team is coming together nicely, and I personally have always loved the way they play. In the USD game the passing got even crisper, movement away from the ball got a lot better, anyone open in the offense will shoot, and that allows for better offensive rebounding, and of course the defense that just gets better each game. LA is the Summit Player of the Year, Coach R is the Coach of the Year and Dex is my fav...lol...Go Bison!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Scheels arena probably needs a quick turn around? Reason why they didn't optimize to basketball? Or just don't have experience like Sioux Falls have been doing it for years.
    This is exactly right. tough thing is the Scheel's arena could be just fine. The baseline seats are elevated enough that you could do portable bleachers or risers for the student sections without screwing up the sight-lines for those behind them (even though no one sits in those seats). It was actually built to have a decent conversion (really it was built to have get-drunk-areas behind teh hockie goals) but we haven't quite gotten it right this season. I'm not sure if we will.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

I'll confess that I'm a first time basketball season ticket holder this year and really the only reason I bought them is because I enjoyed going to a game or 3 at the BSA in past years, I live in south Fargo so it's a short drive to the arena, and I wanted to get priority on season tickets when the renovated BSA opens. Having said that, I've been to about 10 games this year and I don't think I've ever had more fun in the regular season cheering on a Bison basketball team (maybe in 2008-2009 but it's close). These guys have been young, shorthanded, and undersized the whole year but keep on grinding out wins and playing with great effort. It's a team that's easy to root for and makes me excited about the future.