Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2015 MVFC Recruiting

UNI recruiting article in the Des Moines Register

The Panthers signed a total of 22 players, including Waukee High School standout Trevor Allen and Des Moines East's Jaylin James.
    It helped during the recruiting process that Allen and James have brothers who are currently on the Northern Iowa roster.

The Panthers also added three transfers who came from different college programs but the same high school in New Jersey.
    Brandon Napoleon (defensive back, West Virginia), D.J. Singleton (defensive back, Nebraska) and Savon Huggins (running back, Rutgers) are all alums of St. Peter's Prep.

Huggins was a top-10 prospect nationally coming out of high school and could make a quick impact with Northern Iowa.
    Huggins - Possible David Johnson replacement? Different size though - 5' 11" 203 lbs

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...llen/22884951/

Quote Originally Posted by acf2 View Post
    USD way down that list.
    The State of South Dakota has a limited number of D1 caliber players. Right now SDSU is the school of choice. Fine, but that doesn't mean USD didn't pull in a good recruiting class. The all-time leading rusher and one of the best players in NE. Top rated players in both the states of CO and OK. An Elite All-State lineman and, probably the most prized recruit, a 1st team class 4-A QB both from Iowa. 5 recruits out of FL that come with accolades and have good measurables. USD cast a wide net and I really like this class.

natstar1 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Wow, the Chicago Bears' Al Harris has a son going to Illinois State. Seems like Al always played well against the Vikes back in the day.
    Al Harris never played for the Bears, spent most of his years in Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    The State of South Dakota has a limited number of D1 caliber players. Right now SDSU is the school of choice. Fine, but that doesn't mean USD didn't pull in a good recruiting class. The all-time leading rusher and one of the best players in NE. Top rated players in both the states of CO and OK. An Elite All-State lineman and, probably the most prized recruit, a 1st team class 4-A QB both from Iowa. 5 recruits out of FL that come with accolades and have good measurables. USD cast a wide net and I really like this class.
    potentially first class to give us a game?

I kid..I kid

or do i
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Wow, here is a surprise to me, thought that Bo Pelini would have more FBS transfers with his connections there. Instead, he used the area connections he and his staff have. With that name recognition, I suppose his late start at the job wasn't too much of an anchor. In a previous post John mentioned Pelini giving up on Florida, turns out there was not one recruit for YSU from Florida.

The "State of Youngstown" philosophy that had existed when Jim Tressel won four Division I-AA national championships had disappeared in recent seasons. In Eric Wolford's final season, there were eight players from Florida and just seven from Ohio. Pelini's class features 19 from Ohio, five from Pennsylvania and none from Florida.

Pelini's class also doesn't include a single junior college kid and only one transfer -- defensive end Avery Moss who played for Pelini at Nebraska. In rebuilding YSU, Pelini wants players who are going to be here awhile instead of those with just a couple years of eligibility.
    http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...ss-2415-020415

Al Harris - there were 2 Al Harris in the NFC Central, one for DaBears and one for DaPackers.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Chicago Tribune article covering the recruiting of Illinois FCS programs. ILL St. got a few studs and Western got a QB. Doesn't say much about SIU.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...204-story.html
    Interesting article, but tell me what you think of this one from TSN on Illinois State.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...aspx?id=798339

Although he says some of the same things (but quoted differently in the TSN article?) and I probably am interpreting too much here but reading between the lines he seems to be saying that they don't have the class this year that they thought they would have, quality wise, so that will probably come in the next recruiting season.

I remember Bohl commenting about the 2011 class how difficult it was to recruit with their deep run into the playoffs and how they will have to adjust what they do in the future. He was obviously right since the 2011 class has lost >50% of the scholarship recruits after the 2010 playoff run. It will be interesting to watch ISUr and see what happens.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Chicago Tribune article covering the recruiting of Illinois FCS programs. ILL St. got a few studs and Western got a QB. Doesn't say much about SIU.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...204-story.html
    Isnt he from the same school as Sam Ojuri and Ben LeCompte ? How did we not recruit this kid
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    When your QB target was benched his senior year, you are not impressing me.
    Yeah you really want to see the chart trend upwards. Getting. QB who peaked his junior year not so good. Then again he transferred so like any qb it's not easy to learn an offense quickly but if you can't do it at the high school level, how the heck do you do it in the Missouri Valley Conference? Must be falling in love with the 6-6 frame... or they just didn't have a plan B when we got Veldman

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Isnt he from the same school as Sam Ojuri and Ben LeCompte ? How did we not recruit this kid
    So you want him instead of which player: Carlton, Darnell or Hubbs?

Matt Zimmer @argusmattz · Apr 25
    Dalton Douglas gets the spring game start at QB for SDSU
    Dalton Douglas - 6' 2" 200 lbs Soph from Redlands CA, did not play in any games in 2014.
    Zach Lujan was the part-time starter at QB in 2014, he did not dress for spring practice, so am guessing there was an injury reason for that.

Matt Zimmer @argusmattz · Apr 25
    Had a brief chat with SDSU freshman-to-be Taryn Christion before the game. Said he fully expects to compete for starting QB job this fall.
    Taryn Christion - 6' 2" 190 lbs QB from Sioux Falls Roosevelt, NDSU 2015 Offer as a QB/Ath

Matt Zimmer - Brady Mengarelli gets the start at tailback, goes 12 yards on his first carry.