Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Biggest Recruiting Wins

Default Re: 2015 Biggest Recruiting Wins

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Did a little write up on the top 5 recruiting wins in my eyes.

Ellefson
    Mooney
    Mercadel
    Anderson
    Purifoy

Who you got?

http://bisonation.info/2015-ndsu-foo...-biggest-wins/
    Nice work! Pretty amazing that, if I recall correctly, 3 of those guys (Mooney, Anderson, and Purifoy) verbally committed on the same day on December 20th.

Mooney is 6-6 and basically sprints down the field stride for stride with his running back knocking defenders down like bowling pins. Hes a poweful blocker too. Unreal talent

Grimsley is intriguing. Dude can flat out run and play some football. I wouldn't be surprised if he sees some time at offense but at safety he will be a ball hawk

Jaxson Brown will probably be playing next to Grimsley. Another awesome player

I really really like the way Jake Brinkman plays. Dudes absolutely flies to the ball with incredible closing speed...and he happens to be a great track athlete too.

Between Darnell, Hubbs, and Carlton well be able to have a rotation of players so everyone will be fresh. Carlton looks like he could move inside or outside Whose the best out of the 3? All 3 are total studs and you win up front. It will be a Minnesota all star team on defense.

I could talk about all these guys. Bridges is the receiver we need. Dimitri Williams looks like a good slot player. I think the steal may be Dominic Davis.

If these guys work hard, Klieman may be talking about this class in 5 years the way we talked about last years senior class.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

In my opinion, the best part of this class is that a ton of these kids went to our camps, some for a few years. We know who they are, who their parents are, their coaches. THey have been committed for months if not years in some cases. Other than a Cali and Florida kid, we have a very regional class, we literally dominated our turf. Lots of hard work goes into these classes and these kids are a tight knit bunch. Regional domination. I cannot believe we got those three DT's from Minneapolis.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    My prediction is either Purifoy or Anderson will push for carries as true freshman next year. With not one guy we can just point a finger on, I could see one of these guys getting a crack. It seems like it isn't a huge adjustment for RB's to play as a true freshman. I think we know what we have in Morlock and Frazier. The question will be what Dunn and Ware give us. Anderson is a 3rd down, slot/scat back type. One of these two freshman could end up being a difference maker the more reps they get.
    Purifoy needs to add some muscle to his frame. He has the potential to be amazing but Anderson looks ready to play right away. Both will be studs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Grimsley & Bridges leading RB & WR in Minnesota 1 was Mr football. These 2 could play right away they are THAT GOOD
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    In my opinion, the best part of this class is that a ton of these kids went to our camps, some for a few years. We know who they are, who their parents are, their coaches. THey have been committed for months if not years in some cases. Other than a Cali and Florida kid, we have a very regional class, we literally dominated our turf. Lots of hard work goes into these classes and these kids are a tight knit bunch. Regional domination. I cannot believe we got those three DT's from Minneapolis.
    This ^
    If you win regionally, attrition is low and you win with 4 year players. The epitome of "those who stay will be champions."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Great work, Sam's. I know this sounds a bit negative, but I would be interested in a "The Ones Who Got Away" post. Just curious about players who picket other schools, particularly if offered by NDSU (not PWO).
    I don't think this is negative at all. Sucess is great but sometimes your losses is where you learn.
    This was a great read. People are really paying more attention to recruiting and this really helps. Helps fuel the excitement.
    Have we had signing parties in the past and were they sold out?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

That's badass!!! Thanks so much, no matter what others say I very much appreciate your dedication.

The upside on this class is very very high. It is going to be fun to see if they put in the work, stick around and reach their potential. Life is good in Bisonation right now. Hopefully these guys continue on the "team" tradition and don't fall into complacency and keep all in fighting out of the team and keep the actual "Bison Family" as not just words but the way they act.

Lots of teams claim they are a "family" and yadda yadda yadda. It takes more than lip service and takes the showing of these actions to actually become team and family. Back around 09 Gratzek and a few others stepped up into leadership roles and changed the dynamics of Senior to Freshman treatment to age or year didn't matter just do your job and do it well and support the players around you. From the outside looking in you could see the team get closer and the success follow.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Great work, Sam's. I know this sounds a bit negative, but I would be interested in a "The Ones Who Got Away" post. Just curious about players who picked other schools, particularly if offered by NDSU (not PWO).
    This interests me as well. I like to see how players that got away so to speak do for the team they did choose over NDSU for their college career.