Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Biggest Recruiting Wins

Default Re: 2015 Biggest Recruiting Wins

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I thought UNI was a member of the old North Central Conference--am I wrong?

They were. But would have been before many of us were born or even cared what football was. I'm sure PL has some stories??

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Now I do feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    They were. But would have been before many of us were born or even cared what football was. I'm sure PL has some stories??

UNI joined the NCC in 1934 and left for the Missouri Valley Conf. in 1978. In 1976 we played UNI in Cedar Falls for the conference championship and won 10-9. (UNI went for a 2 point conversion on the last play of the game) In 1977 we played them at home and beat them 55-0. They were coached by Stan Sherriff in those years. Jim Wacker was the Bison coach at that time and he clearly did not like Sherriff, and Sherriff told me many years later how much he disliked Wacker and his "rah rah stuff"

In 1978 they began their transition to DI and came to Fargo and we beat them 42 to 14. The last game between UNI and the Bison for many years was played in the PUNI Dome in 1979. The Panthers had a great running back named Kelly Ellis and (a few extra scholarships) they beat us 21 to 10.

This was Don Morton's first year as a head coach, and we played 4 games against Division 1 opponents

I am pretty sure that I already know the answer to my question (and it is no), but I was wondering if there are any rankings of recruiting classes available for FCS schools like there are at the FBS level.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I am pretty sure that I already know the answer to my question (and it is no), but I was wondering if there are any rankings of recruiting classes available for FCS schools like there are at the FBS level.
    Here's the recruiting class rankings for the past few years:

North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post

This I know.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post

Indisputable.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Cant believe we havent heard from Mr B yet. As yesterday is one of his favorite days.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Cant believe we havent heard from Mr B yet. As yesterday is one of his favorite days.
    he has graduated to the airwaves and doing red carpet events, no longer are we worthy of his input on the lowly interwebs
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Wacker_in_the_Hall View Post
    The last game between UNI and the Bison for many years was played in the PUNI Dome in 1979.
    Good insight, but an OOC game was played in Fargo in 1982 won by the Bison.

Reference of proof: http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/co...cc4c03286.html

Last line of article has it.