Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Biggest Recruiting Wins

Default 2015 Biggest Recruiting Wins

Did a little write up on the top 5 recruiting wins in my eyes.

Ellefson
    Mooney
    Mercadel
    Anderson
    Purifoy

Who you got?

http://bisonation.info/2015-ndsu-foo...-biggest-wins/

Default Re: 2015 Biggest Recruiting Wins

Very nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

Ellefson
    Mooney
    Mercadel
    Anderson
    Purifoy

Who you got?

Great work, Sam's. I know this sounds a bit negative, but I would be interested in a "The Ones Who Got Away" post. Just curious about players who picked other schools, particularly if offered by NDSU (not PWO).
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 02-03-2015 at 03:40 PM.

I think you nailed it. But instead of talking individual players, I think it'd the deepest and most talented class from top to bottom. We basically cherry picked all the talent in our traditional footprint while branching out a little . Size. Speed. Lots of big dudes who Kramer will build into 4 star guys. Its so deepx even if we lose someone at the endbits still amazing. The only player we didn't get that we wanted was Johannesson but odds are we wouldn't have gotten both of the other running backs we got. Good deal for everyone

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ellefson
    Mooney
    Mercadel
    Anderson
    Purifoy

Who you got?

Must spread rep. Another great piece and thanks for posting it here

Good read, you have done an awesome job with recruiting.

I think that getting Derrek Tuszka to commit so early was a huge win.

Fun to read.....thanks!

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ellefson
    Mooney
    Mercadel
    Anderson
    Purifoy

Who you got?

My Top 5 are......

RB Demaris Purifoy Wauwatosa WI First time I watched tape on him I thought of Sam Ojuri; I thought that he would look great in Green n Gold and had the talent to make an impact

DE/DT Jack Darnell Champlin Park MN I saw his size, speed, and strength and I was impressed. I continued to watch his tape and wanted this guy to join NDSU. Very good player and hard worker who will continue to get better and additions to both side of the trenches is always a great way to build.

DE/DT Bryan Carlton Chanhassen MN Great size and strength, he would dominate opposing OL trying to block him. I was impressed when he verballed to NDSU. I can see him being a MIX of Ryan Drevlow and LeeVon Perry.

S Robbie Grimsley Hutchinson MN He was Mr. Football in MN, the last time NDSU grabbed MN's Mr. Football his name was Zach Vraa. He was a dynamite playmaker on the offensive side of the football and great instincts on defense. He could really improve and be a great player at NDSU.

OL Trenton Mooney Lamar MO You want to talk about a player with agility and power watch this guys tape. He absolutely blows guys up on contact. Mooney was a HUGE get for NDSU and one of the best OL Prospect's NDSU has signed since a guy named Billy Turner. I can't wait to see how Coach Riley develops his talents

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My prediction is either Purifoy or Anderson will push for carries as true freshman next year. With not one guy we can just point a finger on, I could see one of these guys getting a crack. It seems like it isn't a huge adjustment for RB's to play as a true freshman. I think we know what we have in Morlock and Frazier. The question will be what Dunn and Ware give us. Anderson is a 3rd down, slot/scat back type. One of these two freshman could end up being a difference maker the more reps they get.