Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Klieman Extension

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: Coach Klieman Extension

Whatever it is, it is well deserved. If you sit back and really think about what Klieman had to do (AND DID), under all the circumstances with the previous coaching staff leaving, the new recruits, the new coaching staff and the team itself - its gotta be one of the best leadership efforts I've ever had the pleasure to witness from afar.
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 01-26-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Whatever it is, it is well deserved. If you sit back and really think about what Klieman had to do (AND DID), under all the circumstances with the previous coaching staff leaving, the new recruits, the new coaching staff and the team itself - its gotta be one of the best leadership efforts I've ever been a pleasure to witness from afar.
    Well said. I totally agree.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Whatever it is, it is well deserved. If you sit back and really think about what Klieman had to do (AND DID), under all the circumstances with the previous coaching staff leaving, the new recruits, the new coaching staff and the team itself - its gotta be one of the best leadership efforts I've ever been a pleasure to witness from afar.
    I really think that because we were so screwed last year that once we got our coaches together they knew that we had to go beast mode in recruiting. Apparently that set some sort of precedent, because the have yet to turn it off. Congrats Coach, now take care of your coaches.

This gets me thinking, if this were to play out like the last time the head football coach got a contract extension at NDSU (heaven forbid)...

How would bisonville fill in the blank at the end of next year:

We want ________? We want _________?

Polasek?

Which I think gets overshadowed unfortunately because of the success of the prior three years.

In my opinion, the program is in better hands now then it was under CB. We couldn't ask for a better person/coach leading this program!

My FIL introduced himself to Klieman this morning at the MSP Airport, as both were in the same gate area...Even though he only spoke to him for a minute or so, he said Coach couldn't have been more gracious.

The future is in good hands!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I wonder why the need for the extension right now? Was some other school asking to speak with him??

Also what about the assistants? Did they get more money??

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I wonder why the need for the extension right now? Was some other school asking to speak with him??

Also what about the assistants? Did they get more money??
    IMO it was coming whether it's reactive or proactive. Next year's team is loaded and likely to return to at least the semifinals so Coach K isn't going to be any less attractive a candidate any time soon.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Would Coach K take a DC job say at an Iowa or P5 school over Ndsu?