Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Klieman Extension

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Coach Klieman Extension

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Working backward from Kolpack's math it looks like the non-bonus portions of his comp will be at least: 2015 $353,400 2016 $367,500 2017 $382,200 2018 $397,500 2019 $413,400 + $50,000 for sticking around 2020 $429.900
    It was my impression from Kolpack's Tweet was that his $366,177 was with bonuses not without.
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think it would be pretty darn hard for any NDSU coach to leave for a coordinator position at P5. I think just don't think the money package would ever equal what NDSU can give a head coach. Even though you would have an easier time landing a P5 job as a coordinator than NDSU coach, you are still losing control over your own situation and you'd have to really trust the HC.

In summary, if your goal was to be a P5 coach, I still think it would be hard to leave for a non-head coaching job.
    Per a recent SBNation article (placeholder for link when I find it), at least 73 assistant coaches at P5 schools made more than half a million.

But I think Klieman's path will ultimately depend on his priorities and where he wants to take his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    It was my impression from Kolpack's Tweet was that his $366,177 was with bonuses not without.
    I think that was 2014. He tweeted and I think it's in the story now what the 2020 pay w/o bonuses would be, given minimum 4% annual increase prescribed the contract.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

im glad it was a contract extension and not something else...was a little scared to open this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Is 2020 adjusted for inflation? That's quite a pay cut.
    I couldn't take that kind of a pay cut

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Working backward from Kolpack's math it looks like the non-bonus portions of his comp will be at least:

2015 $353,400
    2016 $367,500
    2017 $382,200
    2018 $397,500
    2019 $413,400 + $50,000 for sticking around
    2020 $429,900
    That's awesome. Coach K deserves the raise and the extension. He did a truly epic job of bringing the staff together on short notice, keeping a great recruiting class, keeping the continuity, and winning another national championship. That may possibly be the best coaching transition I have ever seen. Incredible. Very proud of the job he did. Now lets make sure we pay the assistant coaches. Not to mention the job these guys have done recruiting this year is unbelievable.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I hope he wouldn't be interested in a P5 coordinator job but a pay increase would be likely. MSU's new head coach took a $400,000 pay cut. He was making $600,000 as Missouri's D cordinator.

Coach Kliemans EXTENSION?

Is that where he EXTENDS his arms out to accept the National Championship Trophy??

When some, including many in the media, said that would only happen when HELL FROZE OVER???

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Coach Kliemans EXTENSION?

Is that where he EXTENDS his arms out to accept the National Championship Trophy??

When some, including many in the media, said that would only happen when HELL FROZE OVER???
    This is a full extension:

Do we know for sure how he recruits and coaches his own recruits yet to give him an extension? Serious, and no, don't flame me because he won a championship.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk