Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Coach Klieman Extension

Default Re: Coach Klieman Extension

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    Do we know for sure how he recruits and coaches his own recruits yet to give him an extension? Serious, and no, don't flame me because he won a championship.
    Yes. Klieman, Polasak, Goeser, and Riley had their hands on many players in the current and past rosters. Entz had already proven to be one hell of a recruiter and Klieman hired him. He is proven. Besides the assistants are more responsible for developing players.

Dude won a National Championship after losing arguably the best senior class in Bison history. Besideswe need to up the coaching salaries if we are to remain competitive

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    1989-1997 as an assistant...then followed Coach Allen to Kansas...then came back as head coach in 2001.
    Congrats to Coach Klieman. Speaking of Terry Allen, am I the only one thinking he somehow ends up on our staff in the near future?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Congrats to Coach Klieman. Speaking of Terry Allen, am I the only one thinking he somehow ends up on our staff in the near future?
    Coach K was asked about that once, but he said Coach Allen like playing golf too much to move this far north. He said he may have him speak to the team sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    I hope he wouldn't be interested in a P5 coordinator job but a pay increase would be likely. MSU's new head coach took a $400,000 pay cut. He was making $600,000 as Missouri's D cordinator.
    Yeah just thought I would bring up the question. I'd assume he'd prefer HC job here over DC at a P5

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    This is correct, it's not like he didn't have input on defensive kids, bohl was not out in everyone's living room himself

CK, knows what type of athlete it takes to win in the Valley, he did it t UNI and here, both are pretty successful I would say, I think it's a great choice by Matt and also further cements my thoughts that he was a perfect replacement for Gene who had zero intentions on leaving ndsu in the hurt bag and helped hire this guy behind the scene, unlike someone else we know....
    Hes a great defensive mind and should help keep our defense strong.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been a big fan of coach since the day he arrived. If you ever get a chance to watch his weekly pressers, the way he talks about the players and team overall is something special. Sure, there's a certain amount of "coach speak", but there's so much more that he shares that I just love listening to him speak. Also, listen to the press conference after he was named coach, almost brought me to tears. I'm so happy he's our coach and the program is in great hands for the future.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Coach K signed a new contract making him head coach through 2021. Frankly, leave it open for life as far as I'm concerned.

http://gobison.com/news/2016/4/22/fo...21-season.aspx
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

How old are Coach K's kids? And do buyouts go down over the life of a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    How old are Coach K's kids? And do buyouts go down over the life of a contract?
    His oldest kid is currently a senior at Shanley. Not sure of the ages of the younger two kids.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Coach K signed a new contract making him head coach through 2021. Frankly, leave it open for life as far as I'm concerned.

http://gobison.com/news/2016/4/22/fo...21-season.aspx
    Happy for coach K. We're so lucky to have him as our coach, but if I was Matt Larson, I would already have a plan B in place. I'm talking former or current Bison coaches who would run and keep the same system that we've ran for years. Things could really blow up this year with all the press and success of Carson.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com