Default Coach Klieman Extension

Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Default Re: Coach Klieman Extension

I wonder what the $$ details look like... And any provisions should he decide to go FBS.

If anyone can find the actual contract please post a link to it as I like reading all the details.

Dewey

wonder what the pay increase is, think Spack at ISU got bumped to 300k
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Must be a pay increase in there somewhere....not to be a Debbie downer or anything, but I wouldn't even look at the # of years in a college football coaching contract. If Klieman continues his success, this extension wouldn't stop him from taking a FBS level job someday ala Bohl.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Must be a pay increase in there somewhere....not to be a Debbie downer or anything, but I wouldn't even look at the # of years in a college football coaching contract. If Klieman continues his success, this extension wouldn't stop him from taking a FBS level job someday ala Bohl.
    Agree, it's a one way street. The years only matter if NDSU decides they don't want him around anymore.

Also, what are the odds that we see a bill introduced in the legislature requiring their approval of coaches salaries before the end of the session?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Agree, it's a one way street. The years only matter if NDSU decides they don't want him around anymore.

Also, what are the odds that we see a bill introduced in the legislature requiring their approval of coaches salaries before the end of the session?

that bill would only be for non hockey coaches of course
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Totally agree and as far as I'm concerned the fact that the extension probably coincides with a pay increase is the real story. My opinion with CK is the same as it was with CB. There isn't an FCS school that's going to take him away but increased salaries keeps him out of the MAC and the Sun Belt. MWC obviously is concerning as we just saw what happened with CB.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Congrats on the security blanket, Coach K.

would be shocked if hes here still in 2021...seems like a great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Totally agree and as far as I'm concerned the fact that the extension probably coincides with a pay increase is the real story. My opinion with CK is the same as it was with CB. There isn't an FCS school that's going to take him away but increased salaries keeps him out of the MAC and the Sun Belt. MWC obviously is concerning as we just saw what happened with CB.
    Yep yep yep! this! Of course with the dominos seeming to fall abit, it might not be too long and we are all in a reorganized conference anyway