Thread: Cal Poly

Default Cal Poly

174: Julson goes down. He had a couple of good single attempts, but the other guy scrambled out and scored both times.
    184: Zillmer gave up the first takedown, but took over after that. He just missed a major.
    197: Tommy Petersen came out hot, up 10-3 after the first period. He ran out of gas after that but held on.
    285: Knutson had three takedowns on the way to his win.

9-3 now

Default Re: Cal Poly

125: Rodriguez gets a pin with 1 second left in the match. He's fun to watch.

15-3

133: Kyle Gliva opened with a 5 point move, but gave one up later. Lost 9-7.
    141: Bengtson wins 5-0 in a tough match. Scored takedown in last second of match.
    149: Clay Ream with a nice 1st period pin.
    157: Grant Nehring wins 7-2 with lots of scrambling and a few cradle attempts. I like it.
    165: Trevour Chavez tied 1-1 in regulation, but loses 3-1 in SV.

27-9

Julson is just not a good scrambler. He also seems to be struggling finishing his shots this year. I know he had a meniscus issue, but it's been a disappointing year thus far for him. If he doesn't beat McCulley from Wyoming in the dual, he'll have to win the conference tourney to get into the NCAA tourney. I can't see him being rewarded with an at large spot with no quality wins and as many losses as he has

VanClubPres is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ran out of gas is a great way to describe the Tommy Petersen match. I felt tired for him. Glad to see him hang on for the win. Still like the BBF the best for the venue, but I would like to see the solo light on the mat. I always liked that. Well Done, Bison.
    To the Herd!!!!