Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Renderings - SDSU Stadium

Default New Renderings - SDSU Stadium

I am sure there is an existing thread on this topic, but these new renderings of Dana Dykhouse Stadium just came out. Enormous upgrade over Caughlin-Alumni Stadium. Time for NDSU to get serious about looking into new digs. SDSU already moving on Frost upgrades.

http://danajdykhousestadium.com/proj...ls/renderings/

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New Renderings - SDSU Stadium

nice, now they have to try and figure out how to fill it up

after yr 1 that is

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    I am sure there is an existing thread on this topic, but these new renderings of Dana Dykhouse Stadium just came out. Enormous upgrade over Caughlin-Alumni Stadium. Time for NDSU to get serious about looking into new digs. SDSU already moving on Frost upgrades.

http://danajdykhousestadium.com/proj...ls/renderings/
    I agree that this is a great upgrade from Caughlin, but lets take a step back. This proposed facility isn't all that great in the scope of things. I don't think it's that much nicer than what ISU did.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post

after yr 1 that is
    Yep...will be interesting to see what they do with the extra 15,000 seats after their fans rush to buy up 5,000 seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post

after yr 1 that is
    They better hope the don't have the Mo State Syndrome. Sell out first game. Then people realize they didn't renovate the team also and quit coming.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They better hope the don't have the Mo State Syndrome. Sell out first game. Then people realize they didn't renovate the team also and quit coming.
    Im guessing they will have good numbers as long as the weather is nice, but I think Stig has a pretty big rebuilding job the next couple years

When is this thing supposed to open fully?

It's a nice looking facility for sure and a major upgrade but most of the amenities we are currently lacking will be in the SHAC. New weight room, student athlete academic center, ticket office, hall of fame, lounge, basketball coaching offices, etc. We're even going to have our own x ray machines and other fancy training stuff we don't have now. Plus we are adding HD Video Boards to the dome, just built a giant sports bubble, a new track and field indoor complex, and the dome could potentially get a nice makeover that will add capacity to put us at 20K. Between the dome, shac, indoor track, and bubble it's one of the largest collections of indoor facilities in the nation. But I agree we have to keep up with the neighbors because everyone is trying to close the gap. I hope the dome goes forward with the remodel because that would be HUGE! (not only for NDSU but for the dome in general)

Last edited by HerdBot; 01-23-2015 at 02:56 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Looks a lot like the Saluki upgrade.
    Appears (in the renderings) that it will all bleacher seating?.... If so......big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Appears (in the renderings) that it will all bleacher seating?.... If so......big mistake.
    In the case of SIU, they should have spent their money upgrading the tailgate area instead. No one came into the stadium, they all stayed outside.
    Having too few seats sure looks better than an empty stadium screaming 'we don't have fans!'
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Individual chair seating(like the Fargodome) for the club seating sections. Bleacher seating with some sort of backrest for most of the rest. Regular bleacher seating for students and band.

To the opening question: The east and south sections are supposed to be finished this fall. The west stands and the suite/media tower will be finished the following year(fall 2016).