Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In reply to STLRedbird on the ISU board.

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: In reply to STLRedbird on the ISU board.

Quote Originally Posted by DakFan View Post
    I get the phrase and its origins on snl. And if it was an attempt at humor I apologize but the contex and delivery was all wrong. As well unfortunately other comments after yours were just as poorly written. Only trying to say that we can be better as a fan base.
    Any chance you were born in 1952? Just curious

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakFan View Post
    I get the phrase and its origins on snl. And if it was an attempt at humor I apologize but the contex and delivery was all wrong. As well unfortunately other comments after yours were just as poorly written. Only trying to say that we can be better as a fan base.
    Maybe fans like you are the problem. You know the type. The ones that always stick their noses in where they dont belong. Then offer up their two cents regarding what everyone else needs to do to better themseves and the entire forum. The kind of Decemberist who only joins a forum after the season is over and proceeds to post his criticisms after 2 posts. You know the type... assholes.

We as a fanbase have done nicely without you.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Here are my thoughts.

I've never been a fan of building a team around transfers or Jucos. You only get 1 to 3 years out of them and the first year is typically used to learn the system. Illinois State is in a tremendous part of the country for transfers with a ton of FBS schools. They are everything we are not just based on Geography and population alone. Heck look at the impact their QB made. Then again look at the impact Wentz made on the game and he's the polar opposite. There's more than one way to skin a cat I guess.

With that being said I think its ok to find the occasional guy who is a perfect fit. Heck King Frazier is a perfect example. Previously recruited by Klieman. Three years of eligibility. Contributed right away and will probably start for the next 2 years. That's what I call a home run. Pat Paschal was similar with 3 years. I've always been a fan of Juco dlineman. Jeremy Gordon was huge for us in 2012 when injuries started to mount up at the DE position. Guys like Chad Willson and Andre Martin played a big part in the success of our team. Andre allowed Dudzik to move to safety which benefitted the team long term. Bryan Shepherd was awesome. And we can't forget Jeremy Kelly. What a crazy deal. Went to one of the armed forces schools. (I think it was Army) Transferred to Bemidji State. Comes to NDSU and becomes an impact starter on the online. These are perfect transfers.

I think since we have a bigger name we could go after a few we maybe wouldn't have had a chance on in the past.
    If you build a team on transfers you lose your culture and tradition and your identity changes. All you are doing is filling holes and you arent building for the future.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Any chance you were born in 1952? Just curious
    That could be. Its pretty fishy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Maybe fans like you are the problem. You know the type. The ones that always stick their noses in where they dont belong. Then offer up their two cents regarding what everyone else needs to do to better themseves and the entire forum. The kind of Decemberist who only joins a forum after the season is over and proceeds to post his criticisms after 2 posts. You know the type... assholes.

Pucker up Buttercup. You are not exactly providing a stellar example with your flame of a response.

Looks like its going to be a long off season.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post

The guy has posted twice under this moniker. Since you say you know who this poster is why dont you let everyone in on your secret?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Read their thread about the transfers they are getting. It's unreal. Great location. They are aggressive. Different mindset I guess. If love to get into the transfer market!!!! Yes please!!!!
    Its the only way teams can "try" to keep up with us

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm confused, are you saying you like their FBS transfer approach? Thought it was strange their board is completely fixated on transfers and ignores high school recruiting entirely.
    Burgundy loves transfers

I do love transfers. I push for a couple every year. Half of the studs we go against are transfers. The studs for ISI....transfers. UNI just signed 3 in a week. Studs. Don't put words in my mouth and say I want a bunch...I don't. I'd take a couple. They can buy into a culture just like anyone else. People want a Juco kid all the time....but don't want a impact player that is stuck on a FBS chart? Makes NO sense at all. 3rd stringers s high majors may want to play someday. It's different than taking a problem child. It makes sense in football as they don't sit out a season. All coaches are connected. They make calls. They do their homework.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I'm with Burgundy on this. 19 FBS transfers? No thanks. But 1, 2 or 3 transfers every offseason? Hells yes. Forget not what Andre Martin, Jeremy Kelly, Bryan Shepherd and King Frazier have done for the program.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.