Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Title Game ratings

Default Re: 2014 Title Game ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    A 1.4 was >= 9 of the other Bowls in 2014-2015.
    And almost every one of those bowls was on the big network. Judging from the numbers put up on the deuce this year put the FCS championship game in the same time slot on ESPN instead of ESPN2 and I bet you'd have competitive numbers with a majority of the minor bowl games.

another trend bucked....bowl actual attendance was generally down, while TV was up

FCS Natty---actual attendance I bet was neutral plus TV was up.

Why don't they schedule it for Friday night and put it on ESPN? The ratings would be way better IMHO.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    According to this tweet, 1.4 million viewers: https://twitter.com/AustinKarp/statu...34730220208129

If his math is right:
    2014: 1.4 million
    2013: 1.2 million
    2012: 1.0 million

I remember hearing that the 2011 title game had about 750k viewers.

To put this in a bit of perspective, when the semifinal game between NDSU v SHSU pulled >700k, that was the highest rated program on ESPN2 that week. So 1.4 million on ESPN2 is pretty dang good.

Post and thread links saved for future fact check replies.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Why don't they schedule it for Friday night and put it on ESPN? The ratings would be way better IMHO.
    I don't know about ratings, but the last time it was on a Friday night was the first year it was in Frisco (2011) and the stands were about half empty. There were several things working against them (the cotton bowl was the same night, neither team traveled well (Delaware and EWU) and NDSU wasn't in it), so maybe if they tried again it would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by NDogg44 View Post
    I don't know about ratings, but the last time it was on a Friday night was the first year it was in Frisco (2011) and the stands were about half empty. There were several things working against them (the cotton bowl was the same night, neither team traveled well (Delaware and EWU) and NDSU wasn't in it), so maybe if they tried again it would work better.
    that was 2010, we were in the 2011 game

FYI..and the stands were empty due to poor fan support, not the game time
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NDogg44 View Post
    Note to self (if I was ESPN). Advertise more when NDSU is in the Championship game.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can you imagine if the game were played the Friday before the NC game? Ick.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting that the Wisconsin/Auburn game on ESPN 2 had more viewers than the Mizzou/Gophers game on ABC
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.