Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Anderson - 2015 LPGA Tour

Default Re: Amy Anderson - 2015 LPGA Tour

Par on 17. -1 for the day through 8 holes. Last hole before the turn to the front 9.

Great first 9 holes. Summary:

-2 for the day after a birdie on 18 (in comparison, +1 on same holes yesterday)
    5-7 fairways hit
    8-9 greens in regulation
    15 puts

Bad news is she struggled on the front 9 yesterday.....she has a good chance to make the cut; just needs to play par golf.

Whew....pars hole 1 where she doubled yesterday. Still -2 for the day. 8 to go.

With 2 to play, she is right at the cut line. -1 for the day, +3 for the tourney. Really could use a birdie to keep this from being dramatic!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    With 2 to play, she is right at the cut line. -1 for the day, +3 for the tourney. Really could use a birdie to keep this from being dramatic!
    Pared #8. Needs a par to be right at the projected cut line of +3. (not sure where to see if that was revised)

No guarantee, but given that the cut was +3 after the first round, all else equal you'd expect it to continue to move out over the course of Round 2. That's complicated by the fact that there's some evidence that scoring is better in general during the 2nd round, and they haven't played this course competitively before yesterday. Still, as I look now there are just 73 players at +3 or better and it was 77 at the start of the 2nd round so I'd guess the line will go out to +4.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Ruh roh, she bogeyed 9 to finish even on the day and +4. Hope your right audit.

And she bogies the last hole. +4, even for the day. Cut will need to move up to make it to the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Ruh roh, she bogeyed 9 to finish even on the day and +4. Hope your right audit.
    Checked the Golden Ocala web site, 9 is apparently the toughest hole on the course. Amy was in the first group out so lots of golf left (they may not finish the whole 2nd round today). They've already gone from 77 at +3 or better to 72 and half the field hasn't hit a ball yet. +4 should be enough.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

And you guys were worried. She probably hasn't taken her cleats off yet and it's already +4.

They really need to actually project what the cut line will be rather than just count to 70 based on whatever the current scores are. And not just the LPGA and men as well. The men have had the technology and the infrastructure to do it better for a while and the women should have it now as well (they announced a new technology, scoring, stat tracking partnership in the off season).