Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Amy Anderson - 2015 LPGA Tour

Default Re: Amy Anderson - 2015 LPGA Tour

+1 for round 3. +5 for the tournament t51.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

80th on the Money List. I think that's probably it. All that's left after the Solheim Cup are limited field events in Asia, the Ochoa Invitational and the Tour Championship so I don't think any of those will move her off a full exemption again for next season.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    80th on the Money List. I think that's probably it. All that's left after the Solheim Cup are limited field events in Asia, the Ochoa Invitational and the Tour Championship so I don't think any of those will move her off a full exemption again for next season.
    That would be great news for her to keep her card again for next year. Now that she has played two seasons on the tour and getting used to the courses and the travel. Maybe next year she will be more intune with her game and do even better. Heck for that matter all ready she has done great.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That would be great news for her to keep her card again for next year. Now that she has played two seasons on the tour and getting used to the courses and the travel. Maybe next year she will be more intune with her game and do even better. Heck for that matter all ready she has done great.
    80th on the Money List two years in a row. Solid touring player. I think the next incremental results to be looking for would be top 72? in points (which are close to but don't exactly mirror the money list) to get into the Tour Championship, top 60 something money list to give herself the option to play more of these limited field events in Asia, top 50? money list for exemption into the US Open.

She added 10 yards to her driving distance and said she was going to play more aggressively because the points and pay structure don't reward you for making cuts every week, they reward you for high finishes. But despite that she made more cuts with about the same number of high finishes compared to her rookie year. Over 20 events the strategy just didn't translate into the results one might expect. I hope she doesn't change course though because I think she's correct about how the system is set up. If she can putt a little better she'll look like a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    Should have worn an NDSU hat......[/purple]

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Should have worn an NDSU hat......[/purple]
    Gotta have something at least. Bison headcover...something...

Amy will be competing this weekend at Blue Bay in China.

Finished 81st on the official money list. She'll be slotted in behind the Top 10 finishers from the 2015 Symetra (Web.com) Tour on next season's priority list. About 11 slots lower than last year but still 20 some slots higher than her rookie campaign.

For want of a $2,208 she'd have been 80th again and her priority wouldn't be subject to the mid-season reshuffles. As it stands she can move up the list somewhat or get pushed down it based on early and mid-season results. Looks like things get started again the last week of January.

Crazily, Juli Inkster was 81st last year to Amy by $4,238 and this year Juli was the player who finished 80th!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/391134...illages-africa

Kudos to Amy for taking on a challenge