Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Championship game observations

Default Re: Some Championship game observations

I think he was trying to mimic the home announcers with the first down calls. At some point in the 2nd half, they started playing Hells Bells when the Bison offense was facing 3rd down, but not when ISU was on offense. I thought the NCAA tried to make everything neutral in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post

The PA announcer at Toyota Stadium is kind of lame.
    It's OK to not be OK.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think he was trying to mimic the home announcers with the first down calls. At some point in the 2nd half, they started playing Hells Bells when the Bison offense was facing 3rd down, but not when ISU was on offense. I thought the NCAA tried to make everything neutral in the playoffs.
    They say they want to make things neutral but I thought I heard that Frisco wanted to do as many things that each home team does as possible.

I remember the PA announcer from years past, and this year was no different. When NDSU got a first down he would say "That's another Bison...." and I remember last year he even said "Everyone up for the kickoff, the march is on." Not sure if he did that this year. They did play the music both teams play on third downs when they are on defense. Glad they make it like a home game for both teams while still makinging it a neutral game.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I remember the PA announcer from years past, and this year was no different. When NDSU got a first down he would say "That's another Bison...." and I remember last year he even said "Everyone up for the kickoff, the march is on." Not sure if he did that this year. They did play the music both teams play on third downs when they are on defense. Glad they make it like a home game for both teams while still makinging it a neutral game.
    They definitely did it better 2 years ago. That was tight and spot on.

The "That's another Bison...." is VERY helpful when we play in Frisco as everyone is terrible about getting that chant in unison.

The PA guy was waaay to slow this year in spitting out everything. I don't care how many yards we gained and what the down and distance is. Tell me who did what with the ball and if it's a first down, get to it. I think I need shoulder surgery after having to wait so long for him to say "That's another Bison...". Could hardly hear him as well (didn't help we had drunk students in front and to the left of us trying to yell it out of place).
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

The volume was much too low for the crowd size. Probably works for soccer when there are 3,000 people sitting there sipping beer.

533 In a row

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The volume was much too low for the crowd size. Probably works for soccer when there are 3,000 people sitting there sipping beer.
    Well... 1. FC Dallas averaged 16.8k fans a game last year 2. Soccer fans are some of the most passionate fans out there

But yeah other than that, you're probably right.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I also wondered about Hells Bells playing on our third downs. Was that run by Ill. State or was the stadium doing that? Seemed a little unfair.

There was a PA guy? You're saying they played music on 3rd downs? Let me guess....now you're going to tell me the referee took the time to turn his mike on when announcing penalties?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013