Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty Good USAToday Article

Default Re: Pretty Good USAToday Article

Excellent article. Hope the FBS big heads read it and learn........but all they care about is money.

"I played at the FBS (level), and I can honestly say the only difference between FBS and FCS is depth," said Redbirds defensive end David Perkins, who transferred to Illinois State from Ohio State.

Interesting...and he would know.

Maybe time for a FBS vs. FCS super bowl game........

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Maybe time for a FBS vs. FCS super bowl game........
    Or maybe another 4 team playoff including DII and DIII.....
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    Or maybe another 4 team playoff including DII and DIII.....
    Why the face palm there? Sure, it will never happen, and probably only fans of FCS schools would be all that interested in the game if it did. But are you not at all curious how they'd stack up?

I suspect SDBison suggested that mostly in jest, but I would love to see the game. Not so much from the perspective of who scores more points -- as I believe the FBS team would probably win 99 out of 100 -- but more from the perspective of how they stack up against each other. I have a feeling that at least some years, such a game would be a lot less lopsided than many people expect. I think that the 2013 Bison would have had a fighting chance to win and probably would not have been embarrassed on the field.

4 team playoff is nothing, still weak.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    4 team playoff is nothing, still weak.
    It's an improvement but not good enough. Try telling TCU players that the winner of tonight's game is the undisputed national champs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    It's an improvement but not good enough. Try telling TCU players that the winner of tonight's game is the undisputed national champs.
    Amen. I just had this conversation with a co-worker. He brought out the argument of "it's just too hard on the student athletes to play that extra game." And he went to an FCS school and is familiar with the FCS playoffs. I pointed that out, and he retorted with, "Yeah, but there's still a difference in the toll on the body between an Alabama defensive lineman pounding you versus a defensive lineman from North Dakota State."

Maybe a little, but I suspect the TCU players would still rather have a chance at still playing and giving and receiving a pounding than sitting at home.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Amen. I just had this conversation with a co-worker. He brought out the argument of "it's just too hard on the student athletes to play that extra game." And he went to an FCS school and is familiar with the FCS playoffs. I pointed that out, and he retorted with, "Yeah, but there's still a difference in the toll on the body between an Alabama defensive lineman pounding you versus a defensive lineman from North Dakota State."

Maybe a little, but I suspect the TCU players would still rather have a chance at still playing and giving and receiving a pounding than sitting at home.
    Yes, I've never heard of an FCS player complaining about the extra difficulty of getting through the playoffs. It's brought up as a reality that has to be worked through (during finals and graduation etc.) but all the comments I have run across from our own players indicate that they relish the playoff experience.