Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA meetings this week

Default Re: NCAA meetings this week

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    IMHO the 4-year scholly guarantee is potentially a bigger deal than the cost of attendance
    That is huge!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

So break it down, what will this mean for NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    So break it down, what will this mean for NDSU
    Dont think it will affect us where we are now. If there is a move up it will mean more fundraising to be on equal footing. Lots more fundraising.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Are we talking "cash stipends" to student athletes to cover misc expenses, ie plane ticket home for family emergency, car repairs, etc? If so, would these $$ be closely monitored to keep track of where spent?
    Bizon football...it ain't golf....be LOUD...be PROUD....BIZON NATION (yes, I stole 'nation' from the Gophers)

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Dont think it will affect us where we are now. If there is a move up it will mean more fundraising to be on equal footing. Lots more fundraising.
    I would think it would affect us in recruiting. Do we win the occasional B10 battle like we do now.....I doubt it!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I would think it would affect us in recruiting. Do we win the occasional B10 battle like we do now.....I doubt it!
    I think the Only battles we have won were ones where they were offered PWO or walk on status. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bizon1 View Post
    Are we talking "cash stipends" to student athletes to cover misc expenses, ie plane ticket home for family emergency, car repairs, etc? If so, would these $$ be closely monitored to keep track of where spent?
    You can bet there will be a bean counter involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think the Only battles we have won were ones where they were offered PWO or walk on status. I could be wrong.
    Stick. But you can almost put an asterisk by that as his B10 offer was Rutgers.

I think we also got one or two from the ACC. I'm remembering a Pitt offer to one of our current players, but I'm blanking out on who. Don't think we've won any other P5 battles.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do the full cost scholarships and 4 year guarantees apply to all student athletes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Stick. But you can almost put an asterisk by that as his B10 offer was Rutgers.

I think we also got one or two from the ACC. I'm remembering a Pitt offer to one of our current players, but I'm blanking out on who. Don't think we've won any other P5 battles.
    IIRC, Marcus Collins decommitted from Pitt to come to NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!