Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to the 2015 Bison

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Looking ahead to the 2015 Bison

Lets face it we're going to be EWU 2.0 with a taller QB.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Lets face it we're going to be EWU 2.0 with a taller QB.
    Our defense will not be that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Good stuff and loved seeing who the others teams are losing. Solid stuff.

IMO
    RB: I see Dunn starting
    TE: Jenson is the TE to keep an eye on. And Ellefson might be too good to redshirt
    LB: Stumpf has actually shown more than PGT. It will be interesting to see who starts on each side of Deluca
    DE: Tuska's have a better chance than Jones. I love Jones, just think he needs another year to get stronger
    K: really interested to see how Barneson does

Let's give next years defense a chance before we start declaring the sky is falling. We had a lot of young players on defense just a few years ago and it seems to me that they did okay----have faith in the program.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Default Looking ahead to the 2015 Bison

I'm looking forward to next years D. The Bison have a lot of guys hungry for their opportunity to be the Next Man Up. It's going to be an intriguing Spring and Fall camp next year.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch
    Last edited by bisonpride4ever; 01-11-2015 at 11:41 PM.

I think the D tackles will improve simply because of more depth. Wishing Farnlof a speedy recovery.

As a unit I bet the D line will be very productive

The spring game will be very interesting this year (assuming there is one, knock on wood.)

Whenever the Bison have had subs in the game there is not a noticeable dropoff in performance. I'm confident the depth and coaching is there to have a very good defense next year. I don't see anybody in the country returning a better nucleus than NDSU on offense or defense. Wow, what a bright future! Reload!

I hope my OP didn't come off as "sky is falling" for the defense. It was meant to show how much young talent we have on the roster, as well as the immense potential on offense that would allow some for some growing pains on defense if needed while still winning football games. I think it's fair to say the defense may take some time to fully integrate all the new players, and may even play more of a rotation to start, especially early in the year. By the middle of the year, the coaches will know what they have to work with, so by the end of the year the defense should be in good shape.

Offseason workouts with Kramer, the spring game, and fall camp should be incredibly competitive and a blast to follow. A lot of playing time just opened up and it is there for the taking for whoever wants it most. The young players learned how this program works from all the great players we lost last year and will lose this year, not to mention the extra month of practice time during the playoffs the last few years.

Think about this: Urzendowski, Menard, Board, Dempsey, Hahn, Kuhnert, Illies, Connor Wentz, Morgan, and Tanguay all played at least some sort of role in this past season. Every one of them has 3 years of eligibility remaining. Vraa also just announced he is coming back for a 6th year on twitter. Gonna be good to be a Bison for quite awhile!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Good stuff and loved seeing who the others teams are losing. Solid stuff.

IMO
    RB: I see Dunn starting
    TE: Jenson is the TE to keep an eye on. And Ellefson might be too good to redshirt
    LB: Stumpf has actually shown more than PGT. It will be interesting to see who starts on each side of Deluca
    DE: Tuska's have a better chance than Jones. I love Jones, just think he needs another year to get stronger
    K: really interested to see how Barneson does
    Have you heard anymore on this years redshirt freshman class on how they are progressing, how talented they are, etc.? I realize it takes longer for some, but just curious if they seem as good as they looked on paper when recruited.