Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to the 2015 Bison

Default Re: Looking ahead to the 2015 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Johnson should be back at LG. Was all conference as a SO.
    The O-Line should dominate games for the Bison next year. If they don't, I will be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    On paper, Next years o line has the potential to be the best ever. All depends on how hard the progress from year to year. Size will be insane and it's fair to say players will get larger and better. These guys played a lot of football last year.

LT - Haeg 6-6, 300+
    L - Johnson 6-4, 330
    C - Kuhnert 6-4 30+
    RH - Jeremy Kelly 6-6, 300
    Or
    Jack Plankers 6-7, 320
    RT - Lechler - 6-7, 300+

lots of young talentes depth too

Doesn't hurt to have an awesome QB and a stable of talented TEs, RBs, FBs, and receivers.
    The depth at "crew chief" is insane. Bonnet, Cyr, Illies, Albers, Wentz, Jenson, Collins, Ellefson. I have no information on this but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the big guys flexed out or split out a little bit like the Patriots use Gronk to solve the "Big WR" problem everyone thinks that we have.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    The depth at "crew chief" is insane. Bonnet, Cyr, Illies, Albers, Wentz, Jenson, Collins, Ellefson. I have no information on this but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the big guys flexed out or split out a little bit like the Patriots use Gronk to solve the "Big WR" problem everyone thinks that we have.
    I agree as does a certain QB.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agree. We saw a little of this tactic this season. Illies was often flexed wide when he was on the field. It forces the defense to decide if they are going to treat him like a TE or a WR and can create matchup problems. Given our strength in this position group, I bet we will see this more net season.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

This past year, we came into the season with big question marks at offensive line, defensive line and quarterback...................and still got it done.

This coming year, we enter the season with great depth and proven players at offensive line, defensive line and quarterback....................

......................and it's a bitch to be the rest of the FCS!

We also have an offensive coordinator with a year of experience. This could be huge.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Agree. We saw a little of this tactic this season. Illies was often flexed wide when he was on the field. It forces the defense to decide if they are going to treat him like a TE or a WR and can create matchup problems. Given our strength in this position group, I bet we will see this more net season.
    Agree with this, and, ironically, also think it's the way our opponents will try to attack our defense next year - at least until stopped.

With what I believe to be a strong, deep D-line putting pressure on the QB and two excellent cover corners on the outside, it should again prove tough to throw deep on the Herd. So, with new LB's on the outside and a new SS and FS over the middle, I see teams using the quick 3-step pass to TE's or RB's against NDSU.

In my view, Board at SS and someone stepping into Beck's role as a lockdown, cover LB (Stumpf or PGT?) will be huge for our chances at getting back to Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Agree with this, and, ironically, also think it's the way our opponents will try to attack our defense next year - at least until stopped.

With what I believe to be a strong, deep D-line putting pressure on the QB and two excellent cover corners on the outside, it should again prove tough to throw deep on the Herd. So, with new LB's on the outside and a new SS and FS over the middle, I see teams using the quick 3-step pass to TE's or RB's against NDSU.

In my view, Board at SS and someone stepping into Beck's role as a lockdown, cover LB (Stumpf or PGT?) will be huge for our chances at getting back to Frisco.
    MIke Tyson famously said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". Go ahead. Throw in Board's area. See what happens.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

MIke Tyson famously said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". Go ahead. Throw in Board's area. See what happens.
    Agree, it should be fun to watch him be tested early!

But, on the other hand, always concerned about the next Buster Douglas that might come along.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We also have an offensive coordinator with a year of experience. This could be huge.
    This. I think Polasek will end up being a a great OC.