Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you enjoy Bison Tracker? Can you help?

Default Re: Did you enjoy Bison Tracker? Can you help?

This. I guess i should preface this with i know this is hard to develop and its free. But there is a reason why i phone users gave you bad reviews. Something that doesnt work or is frusttrating is worse than nohing at all. Sorry, but most people want an app that is simple and fun. And you know people just give up ather than monkey with it. Add to the fact that you advertise it in BI and people are going to be disapointed. Stick wih the basics. Do it well. And dont bash people when they get frustrated. Ive given up on it many times but keep trying. And i would gve it one star cause it frustrates me.
    I work with gis and gps maps and data but this program gets me
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    So probably straight from Black to Denim for us?

That's the prevailing rumor.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONTRACKER View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

I'm getting closer to that. It's actually a hard problem. Suppose we have an away game at Missouri State. We may only have a few hundred fans traveling. If you just show dots for all users of the app (20,000+), you can't really see the travelers. It just gets lost in the "dot noise".

I did some work this year to try and detect which users were traveling and which were not. Then I would hide the non-traveling dots in the Frisco map. It worked pretty well. Though I still got dots for people who were traveling, but not to the game (going from Fargo to Minneapolis for the weekend).

I need to keep improving. I believe it is a solvable problem. The "green dots" is clearly the favorite fan feature, I'll continue to put a great deal of work into that area.

Thanks for the constructive feedback!
    I love the players page. Easy to look up players during the game. The travel app I think is really neat. But we left tuesday night and it didnt show us in transient. After awhile our dot did disappear from where we live though.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Did you enjoy Bison Tracker? Can you help?

I think it's very good. You addresses the player home town high school issue. Saying you had a player location map.

Here are a couple more on my wish list. Color green for masses.
    Yellow for friends contacts. Search for locations of contacts. In app feed for bisonville. Com. I give 3 .5 stars for app. 5 stars for effort . 0 stars to Apple.

On reflection you may have privacy concerns. So you would need to get a waiver of some sort . Maybe need to have options on who can see your location. Lot of work I think.

The app certainly captures the imagination of the guys at ESPN.

Not sure what you can do to make it even more TV friendly, but that would be a cool thing to work on.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Besides the cached data, I'd like to see opposing team info added. I'm always scrambling to track down the opposing roster/depth chart while I am in the stands. #4 went down yesterday for ISU, and I was trying to figure out who it was, and how much it might affect their defense.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

I used it and thought it worked good, thanks.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

The last update I saw was for the basketball season. Will there be an update for this football season?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan2010 View Post
    The last update I saw was for the basketball season. Will there be an update for this football season?
    I'm not sure this will answer your question, there is a new app called NDSU. Hope this helps.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    I'm not sure this will answer your question, there is a new app called NDSU. Hope this helps.
    Yeah, hopefully this kills all the "homebrew" volunteer talk about how good or not good the app is supposed to be and what can and can't be critiqued.

Not terribly robust, this new one.