Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you enjoy Bison Tracker? Can you help?

Default Did you enjoy Bison Tracker? Can you help?

If you enjoyed Bison Tracker, could you help us out by taking 60 seconds and writing a review for the app in the App Store?

We have gotten a total of 7 reviews during the entire 2014 season on iPhone and they are all "1 Star" (out of Five).

What tends to happen is that 1 out of 100 people who don't like the app write a negative review, typically when they uninstall. The folks who do like the app don't write reviews. A low score tends to scare new users from loading the app. That hurts other Bison fans.

I'd like to get the score up so that we can be ready for next season.

Thanks!

Default Re: Did you enjoy Bison Tracker? Can you help?

It would be really neat to see this for all NDSU games. I would like to see the migration inwards to Fargo for our home games and also where the fans are coming from going to the road games.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1. Request, I'd like to see cached content. Often data conns are so bad / busy it's basically unusable at events.
    2. Consistently navigation so we don't have to spend the 5 minutes relearn what there is and where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    1. Request, I'd like to see cached content. Often data conns are so bad / busy it's basically unusable at events.
    2. Consistently navigation so we don't have to spend the 5 minutes relearn what there is and where it is.
    Yes, I think cached content is probably my highest priority for next year.

The navigation is hard... I'm intentionally revving the app very quickly. Adding things like the Player Quiz and monitoring usage to see if users like it. I do believe that I need better in app "help" for next year at a minimum.

Feedback like this is much more valuable for me than people getting pissed and giving a 1 star review with some snippy 10-char comment!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONTRACKER View Post
    Yes, I think cached content is probably my highest priority for next year.

The navigation is hard... I'm intentionally revving the app very quickly. Adding things like the Player Quiz and monitoring usage to see if users like it. I do believe that I need better in app "help" for next year at a minimum.

Feedback like this is much more valuable for me than people getting pissed and giving a 1 star review with some snippy 10-char comment!
    Honestly, skip the "quiz" and other frills and make it do what it does best, track fans. Time lapse view would be cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    It would be really neat to see this for all NDSU games. I would like to see the migration inwards to Fargo for our home games and also where the fans are coming from going to the road games.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I'm getting closer to that. It's actually a hard problem. Suppose we have an away game at Missouri State. We may only have a few hundred fans traveling. If you just show dots for all users of the app (20,000+), you can't really see the travelers. It just gets lost in the "dot noise".

I did some work this year to try and detect which users were traveling and which were not. Then I would hide the non-traveling dots in the Frisco map. It worked pretty well. Though I still got dots for people who were traveling, but not to the game (going from Fargo to Minneapolis for the weekend).

I need to keep improving. I believe it is a solvable problem. The "green dots" is clearly the favorite fan feature, I'll continue to put a great deal of work into that area.

Thanks for the constructive feedback!

I would give feedback if it was able to be downloaded to 8.0 phone stupid Verizon is not releasing 8.1 from what I understand but seems everyone is blaming others!
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I would give feedback if it was able to be downloaded to 8.0 phone stupid Verizon is not releasing 8.1 from what I understand but seems everyone is blaming others!
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    You can get Win8.1 if you get the developers preview. But you can't get the Lumia Cyan firmware upgrade. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get Cyan before everybody else gets Denim.

To get 8.1, go to store and search for "preview for developers".

Have a Galaxy SII so my problem might be older phone. rarely could get the app to work and almost every time I clicked Frisco link it froze my phone and had to restart it. Was never able to find the check in button and heard that complaint from numerous people.

Yeah I agree you dont need to add a lot of glitz and glamour. Just tracking fans is cool enough for me, focus on that and less on other things that have nothing to do with tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    You can get Win8.1 if you get the developers preview. But you can't get the Lumia Cyan firmware upgrade. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get Cyan before everybody else gets Denim.

To get 8.1, go to store and search for "preview for developers".

yeah, I've been too lazy to do that hoping for Verizon to actually care I guess!