Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU v Illinois St - Postgame Thoughts

Default NDSU v Illinois St - Postgame Thoughts

Best game I have seen this season.

NDSU is no longer the only team in FCS that finds another gear in the 4th quarter. The Bison walked off the field at the end of the 3rd waving 4 fingers in the air - I think they meant 4th quarter. (If they meant 4th championship was in the bag, that was presumptuous and cocky). then Illinois State came out and outplayed NDSU the 4th period until the last 2 minutes. SDSU did a good job of bringing it in the 4th quarter too - 1st playoff game.

Illinois State is a VERY good team. Next season's game between NDSU and Illiinois St will be a doozy.

Default Re: NDSU v Illinois St - Postgame Thoughts

The Bison players raise their hands and put up 4 fingers in the fourth quarter of every game they play

Holding four fingers up means 4th quarter. This has been done for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Best game I have seen this season.

NDSU is no longer the only team in FCS that finds another gear in the 4th quarter. The Bison walked off the field at the end of the 3rd waving 4 fingers in the air - I think they meant 4th quarter. (If they meant 4th championship was in the bag, that was presumptuous and cocky). then Illinois State came out and outplayed NDSU the 4th period until the last 2 minutes. SDSU did a good job of bringing it in the 4th quarter too - 1st playoff game.

Illinois State is a VERY good team. Next season's game between NDSU and Illiinois St will be a doozy.
    Due to MVFC scheduling like this year they do not play ISU-red next year (like NDSU did not play WIU the 2 years previous to this year).

1) Legendowski stepped up again. He deserves a much bigger role next year.
    2) Roberson is a stud. Our inability to get him in the backfield was terrifying. He did what he wanted even in the face of Emanuel.
    3) Carson Wentz just forged his own legacy. Stepped out of Brock's shadow entirely.
    4) 4 peat
    5) Still too conservative sometimes. I hope that's something that Klieman grows out of. Beyond that no complaints. Amazing year by this coaching staff.
    6) I'm going to miss watching these seniors. Especially Crockett, Heagle and Dudzik.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This game will be known as "The Final Ninety Seconds" game. Wow!

I'm still exhausted 90 minutes later. You'd think I was actually exercising or something.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So who has the right to this script. As the announcers said, no one will believe this script if it was written.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Legendowski stepped up again. He deserves a much bigger role next year.
    2) Roberson is a stud. Our inability to get him in the backfield was terrifying. He did what he wanted even in the face of Emanuel.
    3) Carson Wentz just forged his own legacy. Stepped out of Brock's shadow entirely.
    4) 4 peat
    5) Still too conservative sometimes. I hope that's something that Klieman grows out of. Beyond that no complaints. Amazing year by this coaching staff.
    6) I'm going to miss watching these seniors. Especially Crockett, Heagle and Dudzik.
    We can watch Crockett's little brother next year. I think he plays WR. Vraa can come back also.

We are going to have big holes to fill on defense. Especially at LB and both safety's. Confident that the younger guys will step up. Our offense should be great with Wentz and most of our oline back.

Illinois State has to be the early favorite next year with Roberson and Coprich both back. Maybe we have another showdown in the playoffs ahead!