Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vraa update?

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Vraa update?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    According to NCAA rule 1 section 4 article 6: Optional Equipment

Eye shields. Eye shields must be clear, not tinted, and made from molded or rigid material. Eyeglasses and goggles also must be clear and not tinted. No medical exceptions are allowed.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/FR14.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I believe this is true. During the FCS kickoff game between EWU and SHSU, Adam's was wearing a tinted visor and was pulled out for a few plays to remove it after it was brought to the officials attention.
    Cool...
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    NCAA FOOTBALL RULE 1-4-5 (SEE 1-4-5-s)

Illegal Equipment

ARTICLE 5. No player wearing illegal equipment shall be permitted to play. Any question as to the legality of a player’s equipment shall be decided by the umpire. Illegal equipment includes the following:
    s. Eye shields that are not clear or made from molded or rigid material. Note: No player wearing illegal equipment shall be permitted to play. If illegal equipment is discovered by an official, the team shall be charged a team timeout.
    So Uranium filled glass visors are banned?

back on topic - Coach K says on FCS call that Vraa is running around but hasn't practiced yet.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonboone11 View Post
    I was under the impression that Vraa had a hamstring injury, not an injury to his eyes due to the lack of using a tinted visor?
    no I think he hurt his cornea after looking at all the Pom Pom's. Should of had a visor.

This is CK setting up the redbirds nicely. Rope-a-dope. Make them think Vraa is a game time decision and then bam!. First offensive play of the game is Vraa over the top for a bomb!
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    This is CK setting up the redbirds nicely. Rope-a-dope. Make them think Vraa is a game time decision and then bam!. First offensive play of the game is Vraa over the top for a bomb!
    This is not as far off as you might think. There is no great advantage to playing it coy with Vraa but one does exist. The Redbird defense does have to prepare itself differently if 82 can go. If they are preparing as though he will be a part of the festivities and he is not, then they "wasted" that preparation time. If their defensive gameplan is to disregard that position as someone who cannot get open aganst 1 on 1 and Vraa is 90% of his normal self then there will be a mismatch all day long. Belichick does this kind of crap all the time.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If Zach is able to dress and run around a bit, I like that it creates an issue for their defensive gameplan. Maybe he'll be good enough to go out there and make a single catch that will be huge and change the game? I certainly don't expect him to be 100%, but like Herd mentioned, even a 90% Vraa is a pretty good wide receiver.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

so there are actually people that think he won't play?
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    so there are actually people that think he won't play?
    I don't think he won't play.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I don't think he won't play.
    I think he likely won't not play.