Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Remember This

Default Re: Remember This

Quote Originally Posted by NodakBizon View Post
    I creep the steps and floor, final darkness, blood lamb's blood painted door, I shall pass! classic
    The twenty third of loneliness
    And we don't talk, like we used to do.
    Now this is pretty strange,
    But I'm not buggin' 'cause I still feel the same.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I'm more of the thinking that we should be preparing for an upcoming 6-peat right now if we didn't get screwed over there.
    Possibly, but I think that loss left such a bad taste in that freshman class (last years seniors) that they knew they never wanted to experience that again. Had that event not occurred and they had won it that year complacency may have set in and the hunger and drive may not have been the same and there may have been a let down in the last 4 years that would have negated the one of the subsequent 4 championships. I truly think that the example set by last years seniors in refusing to lose (when it really mattered) has been passed on to the current team as none of the present players, I believe Vaadeland and Heagle were the last remaining players to lose at EWU, were in the program in 2010.

I was at that game and remember seeing the faces of the team as they walked past us on the way out (because of EWU high school field made the entrance/exit across the track to get too the locker rooms) and it was obvious that they took that loss very hard. It took me a few months before I could rewatch that game on ESPN3 and the 3rd and 2 play to seal the win (Vigen's QB fake handoff right, run left play that had been stuffed at least 3 times that day) was sooo wide open that had the ball been given to Sigers I am pretty sure he would have scored. I think that play bothered me more than that botched replay as that particular call had not come close to working that day.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    Possibly, but I think that loss left such a bad taste in that freshman class (last years seniors) that they knew they never wanted to experience that again. Had that event not occurred and they had won it that year complacency may have set in and the hunger and drive may not have been the same and there may have been a let down in the last 4 years that would have negated the one of the subsequent 4 championships. I truly think that the example set by last years seniors in refusing to lose (when it really mattered) has been passed on to the current team as none of the present players, I believe Vaadeland and Heagle were the last remaining players to lose at EWU, were in the program in 2010.
    Vraa was redshirting, so was with the program but not playing. Don't know if he was @ EWU.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Vraa was redshirting, so was with the program but not playing. Don't know if he was @ EWU.
    I don't think the redshirts traveled to that game as NCAA limits travel team and I don't think NDSU footed the extra bill for them to travel as they did to subsequent National Championship games.

This makes me chuckle 2015-05-28 09.56.24.jpg

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This makes me chuckle 2015-05-28 09.56.24.jpg
    "The Agony and The Ecstasy" for the Redbird fans in a matter of 1:38 playing time!