Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: South Dakota State

Default Re: South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    This is how I feel about hockey (high school, college, and NHL). Perhaps I'd feel differently had I learned how to ice skate.
    I could skate. I played hockey. Never missed a Blues game.

Don't watch it anymore
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    This is how I feel about hockey (high school, college, and NHL). Perhaps I'd feel differently had I learned how to ice skate.
    Niche sport with litte scoring. I've always said add two more goals and make that goalie zip back and forth to protect. Otherwise it's a massive yawn-fest. It's figure skating with sticks, only the dudes in figure skating with sticks score on each other more.

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post
    Niche sport with litte scoring. I've always said add two more goals and make that goalie zip back and forth to protect. Otherwise it's a massive yawn-fest. It's figure skating with sticks, only the dudes in figure skating with sticks score on each other more.
    Hockey is Canada's version of baseball. Its a cultural passtime, but pretty boring to those who didn't play the sport or don't understand the rules.

IMHO, with two goals and more scoring, there would actually be less action since every goal results in about 5 minutes of skating around celebrating and getting in position for the next puck drop. It would be similar to basketball with a jump ball after every basket.

I should note, I have attended about 12 hockey games (matches?) in my life and don't understand the game other than the object is to score goals.

Grew up playing, quit following when they had their lockout while back, lost complete touch with hockey, and got back on the bandwagon
    last year. Can't get enough of it. Never miss an Avalanche game. I went to a Sioux Denver game earlier this year, my first college game, and I couldn't get over how loud the Sioux fanbase is. They were more loud than Denver in Denver's arena with all their chants and heckling. Even more happy than Denver beat UND.

Hockey is the only sport I watch where it has my 100% undividived attention.