Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Starting Safety (FS & SS)

Default Re: Next Starting Safety (FS & SS)

Quote Originally Posted by 11>1 View Post
    I realize there is much more to being a safety than physicality, but Board certainly passes the eye test for me. Can't remember the last time we've had a safety of his size. Given the oppurtunity to play full time and be 100% comfortable in the system, look out!!
    Whats nice is he has seen some playing time

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    May I present to you Jalen Allison who traveled to almost every game
    Tough to project 2 years from now who the corners will be but we only have 4 corners on the roster for 2016 and that includes Dempsey and a walk on. Hope we grab more than 1 corner this year as hell be playing in 2 years

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    May I present to you Jalen Allison who traveled to almost every game
    http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?r...&path=football

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    i originally was thinking the same until I really started looking at it....not as many as you might think
    Also considering how well all of the recruiting classes have been received and how this program develops it's players it seems wildly irresponsible to assume that there will be "holes" anywhere on this team, especially on defense. Do you know how Christian Dudzik sets an NCAA division 1 record for games played? Because he was trusted as a freshman to come in and contribute immediately. How does Colten Heagle become the program's all time tackles leader? Being trusted as a freshman.

The funny thing is that nowhere on the defense unless an elite athlete comes in and wins a job that I don't foresee there aren't even going to be freshmen that are counted upon. Yes, there are players that are going to have to play that haven't been counted on before but Stumpf will be a junior. DeLuca a junior. PGT a junior. Smith a Junior and Board a RS Sophomore. Don't assume that the guys behind the guys playing aren't good because it's far more likely they are then they aren't.

People forget that this program won national championships counting on young players and now that they have an actual program established where RS sophomores and juniors replace outgoing players they're worried. This team used to reload with freshmen, now it reloads with pieces of the program.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Also considering how well all of the recruiting classes have been received and how this program develops it's players it seems wildly irresponsible to assume that there will be "holes" anywhere on this team, especially on defense. Do you know how Christian Dudzik sets an NCAA division 1 record for games played? Because he was trusted as a freshman to come in and contribute immediately. How does Colten Heagle become the program's all time tackles leader? Being trusted as a freshman.

The funny thing is that nowhere on the defense unless an elite athlete comes in and wins a job that I don't foresee there aren't even going to be freshmen that are counted upon. Yes, there are players that are going to have to play that haven't been counted on before but Stumpf will be a junior. DeLuca a junior. PGT a junior. Smith a Junior and Board a RS Sophomore. Don't assume that the guys behind the guys playing aren't good because it's far more likely they are then they aren't.

People forget that this program won national championships counting on young players and now that they have an actual program established where RS sophomores and juniors replace outgoing players they're worried. This team used to reload with freshmen, now it reloads with pieces of the program.
    This.

At first I was like we are going to have a lot of no snap bodies, but then I started looking and there are a lot of guys who have been getting some snaps. More Jrs playing this year than I thought as well. In All, I am excited to learn some new names.

I really looking forward to seeing L-BOL and MJS

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    If I had to guess I would say that the base defense will have CJ, Champion, Board and Tre Dempsey. In Nickel I would not be surprised if Andrew Smith came on at FS and Dempsey dropped down to corner. There isn't really a scenario that I see that doesn't have Dempsey on the field for 3 downs.
    Good take. I agree.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The current redshirt class has a lot of talent in the secondary. Jalen Allison, Dakota Reid, and Jaylaan Wimbush are among those who could be pushing for playing time by next fall.
    Last edited by Kermit; 12-28-2014 at 04:33 AM.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

What you said is true. The kids that replace ceeduz and Heagle are very talented. The defense we run and the way we run it can be complicated. Because of heagle and dudzick we were are able to do some very complex things. With there replacements we will probably will need to be more conventional and do less disguising. Hopefully the younger guys were taking notes or we could see some blown coverages next year. We saw some of that acouple years ago when heagle was out. It should be fun to watch these guys develop,especially because ther are a couple that are more physically gifted(Board) than current guys. Which is not knock on them. They are HOFers.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    What you said is true. The kids that replace ceeduz and Heagle are very talented. The defense we run and the way we run it can be complicated. Because of heagle and dudzick we were are able to do some very complex things. With there replacements we will probably will need to be more conventional and do less disguising. Hopefully the younger guys were taking notes or we could see some blown coverages next year. We saw some of that acouple years ago when heagle was out. It should be fun to watch these guys develop,especially because ther are a couple that are more physically gifted(Board) than current guys. Which is not knock on them. They are HOFers.
    by the way this was in reply to herd12 post. A good post I might add.

We will be fine.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.