Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Starting Safety (FS & SS)

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Next Starting Safety (FS & SS)

I'm going to try out as a pwo, so I think we will have more in the box as I can cover the entire field myself

At least that's how I see it when I get in from tailgating

Isn't Andrew Smith going to be the next FS? He's the backup right now and has been taking any snaps when the starter is out for a play or two. Dempesy has played a ton of nickel lately but not much safety.

Both Smith and Board are upgrades from the size at 6 and 6-1, but no idea how they compare in the speed and it will take a while to make up for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by twinterfun View Post
    Isn't Andrew Smith going to be the next FS? He's the backup right now and has been taking any snaps when the starter is out for a play or two. Dempesy has played a ton of nickel lately but not much safety.

Both Smith and Board are upgrades from the size at 6 and 6-1, but no idea how they compare in the speed and it will take a while to make up for the experience.
    If I had to guess I would say that the base defense will have CJ, Champion, Board and Tre Dempsey. In Nickel I would not be surprised if Andrew Smith came on at FS and Dempsey dropped down to corner. There isn't really a scenario that I see that doesn't have Dempsey on the field for 3 downs.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by twinterfun View Post

I would imagine Smith and Board will be in a position to earn the starting spots having been in the system and will have an advantage . Will be an interesting battle as we have a great pool of talent competing for the 2 deep. I've given up predicting spots since it never seems to be an exact science. Some of these young guys have never had an elite training program before or never ran track in high school. Speed numbers don't mean much

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Skills are always good but, heart, will, desire and brains help. The talent of players coming back are unbelievable.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Board and Dempsey. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Board and Dempsey. Book it.
    Well need 3 corners next year too so Tre could be the 3rd corner or top backup. Wouldnt be the first time a player was moved to get the best athletes on the field. But Tre will be a starting corner in 2016 after Champion and Smith graduate

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well need 3 corners next year too so Tre could be the 3rd corner or top backup. Wouldnt be the first time a player was moved to get the best athletes on the field. But Tre will be a starting corner in 2016 after Champion and Smith graduate
    May I present to you Jalen Allison who traveled to almost every game

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    May I present to you Jalen Allison who traveled to almost every game
    He was one of the last guys to almost get his redshirt pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    next year's team will have some major wholes... way more than the 23 seniors of from 13 class.
    i originally was thinking the same until I really started looking at it....not as many as you might think