Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Trenton Mooney

Default Re: 2015 Verbal: Trenton Mooney

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wow. 100% paid free ride or $120,000 in loans if you don't make one of the best rosters in America . Ouch. That's like a small mortgage payment. They sure don't make it easy on these guys
    I'm guessing if he doesn't make one of the best rosters in America he would transfer and not rack up the $120K. Just MO.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    I'm guessing if he doesn't make one of the best rosters in America he would transfer and not rack up the $120K. Just MO.
    If you don't make it, it's still a waste of time and money any way you slice it

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Possibly but the only way to transfer and not lose a year of eligibility is to transfer to an FCS team and hope your top 3 or 4 top options have an available scholarship right away or you may be paying cash for a year, getting a partial scholarship for a year, or not getting your top 5 choices. Somebody would take him for sure because he's a great talent but it may be a little further down the list. Heck you also risk injury which is the quickest way to get teams to lose interest or not make Oregon. Plus you will have to learn a brand new offense without a spring camp which are rarely attended by transfers due to transfer rules so it may be a while before you can even be eligible to practice and learn the offense. Camp is huge for the mental part of the game. It's risky to say the least

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grizzled is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    If you don't make it, it's still a waste of time and money any way you slice it
    And if he doesn't give it a shot he may always wonder what if. Not many people get the opportunity to be part of something like they have in Oregon. I wouldn't call giving it a go a waste of time or money.

Grizzled is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Possibly but the only way to transfer and not lose a year of eligibility is to transfer to an FCS team and hope your top 3 or 4 top options have an available scholarship right away or you may be paying cash for a year, getting a partial scholarship for a year, or not getting your top 5 choices. Somebody would take him for sure because he's a great talent but it may be a little further down the list. Heck you also risk injury which is the quickest way to get teams to lose interest or not make Oregon. Plus you will have to learn a brand new offense without a spring camp which are rarely attended by transfers due to transfer rules so it may be a while before you can even be eligible to practice and learn the offense. Camp is huge for the mental part of the game. It's risky to say the least
    There is no risk involved if he is confident in himself as a player. He could come here and never crack the lineup and have to transfer to a DII school. That has happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    There is no risk involved if he is confident in himself as a player. He could come here and never crack the lineup and have to transfer to a DII school. That has happened before.
    So if I am confident enough maybe I can crack a P5 teams lineup right? There definitely is risk involved in making a decision like this. Maybe he makes it, cracks the lineup and even is able to make a push for the NFL. If he doesn't make it then he has wasted time and money when he could have been cracking the lineup here, developing his talents every bit as well here as he would at the UO and still making a push to make an NFL roster. Would he wonder if he could have played as a starter for the Ducks? Maybe, but imo a player will develop their abilities better by getting reps. There definitely is a greater chance of playing more as a Bison than at Oregon. The risk thus is at least twofold. Chasing many kinds of dreams holds risk. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it. I'm just saying that it is a decision with some risk and also I want him to be a Bison wearing OUR green and yellow, not a stinkin duck, so I'm not going to encourage the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Oregon is oregon. The water boy is a 5 star recruit. It's not always about confidence, it's just the law of averages. Its another level of talent at Oregon. Best team on the planet. He will need to get at 300 before he even has a shot and that could take a few years where ndsu (or other schools) will develop him the right way and be patient

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oregon is oregon. The water boy is a 5 star recruit. It's not always about confidence, it's just the law of averages. Its another level at Oregon. Best team on the planet

Wouldn't they have to play out a full playoff schedule (with more than 4 teams) before they could be called that?

Oregon is oregon. The water boy is a 5 star recruit. It's not always about confidence, it's just the law of averages. Its another level of talent at Oregon. Best team on the planet. He will need to get at 300 before he even has a shot and that could take a few years where ndsu will develop him the right way and be patient
    Not too far fetched. I looked at their current class last night on ESPN...pretty stacked

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope he honors his commitment to NDSU but would understand if he chose to try the PWO at Oregon.
    It sucks for a smaller FBS or in this case, NDSU---who did a great job to earn a commitment from a great recruit and than to have bigger school wave a PWO in their face to try to scope them up.