Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnet

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Kid should have gotten lower so he could have gotten hurdled over... Would have hurt less.
    Kid woulda known that if he'd studied enough film.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    I kind of felt bad last night, when that player tried to lay the wood on bonnet and got hurt, then bonnet just jogged off the field like nothing happened, I started laughing my ass off and pointing. Very quickly I
    Realized that was being a poor sport so I quit, however that kid must have felt like he hit a brick wall at 50 mph.
    I hear ya, but it it looked like it was just a stinger. If you have ever had a stinger, you ether laid the wood or must likely got laid out.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you noticed about 2 or 3 plays after the Littlejohn hit, when DeLuca made the interception, he ran out of bounds and one of Sams guys gave him a good shove way beyond the sideline. Everyone on NDSU's sideline was yelling for a flag but nothing came.

I'd say that was a make up call, FCS style.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    That was awesome. It was borderline late....I need to watch it on film. Sam was pissed that no foul was called.
    That one would have been worth 15
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    The CLJ play terrified me because Im assuming he would miss the championship game if targeting was called and the thought of that severe loss for a dumb play like that in an already won, nearly over game made me feel sick. After about 20 seconds and no flag I started breathing again.
    Damn, never thought of it that way.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    If you noticed about 2 or 3 plays after the Littlejohn hit, when DeLuca made the interception, he ran out of bounds and one of Sams guys gave him a good shove way beyond the sideline. Everyone on NDSU's sideline was yelling for a flag but nothing came.

I'd say that was a make up call, FCS style.
    Except the guy who would have made the call on this hit had no idea the Littlejohn hit occurred. There is no connection. I thought there should have been a foul on the interception return.

I thought this crew had a similar game to the SDSU crew. There was one obvious miss that benefited the Bison that probably only an official would have noticed. I think this crew had 3 or 4 no-calls that should have been called. But it shows why officials get downgraded more for incorrect calls than incorrect no calls. The incorrect calls are often more noticeable and have a bigger impact.

So what was the obvious miss? Just curious?
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would love to see if anyone can guess. missingnumber7 can't answer. He may already know.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

One time the play clock was at zero.

Lardsin must go!

Think they missed a couple false starts.