Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Verbal: Dimitri Williams

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dimitri Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Don't forget Darrius Shepherd. I hear that he has impressed people's with his work on the scout team this year. Urzendowski, Hawkins, and Shepherd was a really nice group of receivers in the 2014 signing class.
    Good point!

Yeah the only reason I didn't include Shepherd is I just hadn't heard much about him. Honestly I wouldn't discount Frandsen either. That was a big time catch yesterday. He's certainly not without the size that it requires to play WR on the outside. It seems like Dimitri sees himself as a slot player, which might be necessary if Wrice and Perkins continue to show so little.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Really like Urzendowski, I think Woods is kind of a filler like Gebhart was this year. The fact that Perkins, Wrice, Gray, Warren, and others who could play but don't, don't bode well at all in light of them not even seeing the field in NDSU already completely injury riddled and thin WR unit. The Frandsen kid has a long way to go before he can be a contributor outside of the 1 catch yesterday.

I know next year they will all have another year of development, and the kids redshirting will be available, but IMHO we need all the impact recruits we can get at the WR position. IMO we have arguably one of the worst WR units that I have seen in these playoffs, and even the valley as the season went along.

we need a legit D1 receiver (transfer if needed) that can get separation! ...that's from my brother who coaches football in texas....that's his only complaint...I love Vraa and RJ....but I think he's right!...Wentz would be that much more dangerous to go with our run game...would make everything we try to do a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by bisoninloveland View Post
    we need a legit D1 receiver (transfer if needed) that can get separation! ...that's from my brother who coaches football in texas....that's his only complaint...I love Vraa and RJ....but I think he's right!...Wentz would be that much more dangerous to go with our run game...would make everything we try to do a lot easier.
    Then your brother has never seen a healthy Zach Vraa play. he hasn't put up the stats he's put up making contested catches 100% of the time. Vraa gets open a lot.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

We just had players break the single season rushing and passing records and some of you guys act as if there is t a shred of talent on this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Gray got beat out this season by a walkon redshirt Frandsen a year younger than him, he's a bust IMO.
    No he didn't. RJ is a slot receiver and Gray plays outside. 2 totally different positions and skill sets.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    No he didn't. RJ is a slot receiver and Gray plays outside. 2 totally different positions and skill sets.
    RJ is a walk on and redshirted?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We're not talking about RJ. Read what I wrote, Frandsen has beaten out Gray. Vraa was replaced by Woods who got hurt and was replaced by Frandsen. Besides, I said a RFr, RJ is a TFr. Try to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    RJ is a walk on and redshirted?
    Plus I specifically said Frandsen.