Thread: Anxious for 2015 season

Default Anxious for 2015 season

I am anxious for the track and field season to start in 2015.

Default Re: Anxious for 2015 season

The December 5-6 meet went well for the Bison and it looks like our strengths will be the throws as well as the multi-events, which is nothing new for NDSU. For the women, Emily Lesser has one more year to take all of her records back. Also Rose Jackson looks string this year in the multis. I am looking forward to seeing Lexi Boshee have a great year. She was highly recruited and her freshman year was a bit of a disappointment. She performed well in the multi this year so far. I saw that her high jump was much improved from last year.

The new star on the men's team looks like Angus Stoudt with a 5000-plus performance in the multi.

I have always wanted to see more sprinters for NDSU. We have had some good sprinters, but I can only name a couple of years throughout Bison history where the strength was the sprints. I am not just talking about a sprinter here or there, but a nice stable of sprinters. Last was great for the women, but you would have to go back to 2004 for the men's sprinters. You can't do much better than Johnson and Burrell.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Yep, I agree.

One of the great things of the track season is that every year someone has a breakout performances or even a breakout season. One never knows who they will be - often they are someone from a small high school that did not have the competition or the coaching to bring out their best until they got to college. This is one of the better parts of following the T&F teams, probably one of the more fun things by the coaches too.

There are always a lot of athletes to follow in track and field, so I may miss someone especially a newcomer who is on the rise, but here are some of the women athletes who have impressed me, who will be interesting to follow this year. A LOT of people.

Lexy Boschee - muli-events (pentathlon), high jump
    Rose Jackson - women's pentathlon,
    Emily Lesser - throws
    Courtney Pasiowitz - throws.
    Ashley Heinze - multi-event and perhaps 400 & 80
    Paige Stratioti - 400, 800
    Morgan Milbraith - 200, 400 (if she stays healthy, should be terrific 400 runner in time)
    Brecca Wahland - distance (3000, mile, 5000)
    Sierra Rosenau - javelin
    Erin Teschuk - distance (mile, 3000)

I thought Maddie McClellen had another year left. Am I wrong about this. I did not see her on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Yep, I agree.

One of the great things of the track season is that every year someone has a breakout performances or even a breakout season. One never knows who they will be - often they are someone from a small high school that did not have the competition or the coaching to bring out their best until they got to college. This is one of the better parts of following the T&F teams, probably one of the more fun things by the coaches too.

There are always a lot of athletes to follow in track and field, so I may miss someone especially a newcomer who is on the rise, but here are some of the women athletes who have impressed me, who will be interesting to follow this year. A LOT of people.

Lexy Boschee - muli-events (pentathlon), high jump
    Rose Jackson - women's pentathlon,
    Emily Lesser - throws
    Courtney Pasiowitz - throws.
    Ashley Heinze - multi-event and perhaps 400 & 80
    Paige Stratioti - 400, 800
    Morgan Milbraith - 200, 400 (if she stays healthy, should be terrific 400 runner in time)
    Brecca Wahland - distance (3000, mile, 5000)
    Sierra Rosenau - javelin
    Erin Teschuk - distance (mile, 3000)

I thought Maddie McClellen had another year left. Am I wrong about this. I did not see her on the roster.
    She got married and her name is Van Beek.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

How many AA last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    I have always wanted to see more sprinters for NDSU. We have had some good sprinters, but I can only name a couple of years throughout Bison history where the strength was the sprints. I am not just talking about a sprinter here or there, but a nice stable of sprinters. Last was great for the women, but you would have to go back to 2004 for the men's sprinters. You can't do much better than Johnson and Burrell.
    I agree. I don't think we have a focus on this as we don't have a true sprints coach. That perfect block formation and exit can shave off the critical parts of a second needed. Plus a sprints coach to focus on recruiting. I hate to use the football line...but southern speed. That's where your strongest sprinters come from year after year. Tough to recruit them up here, especially without a stud coach. Just my two cents.

Jack Johnson Classic this weekend ... good competition for the Bison ... see how the men and women step up.