Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malik Clements

Default Re: Malik Clements

Maybe Clements can start next season and Dupree can go to the role he was always destined for which is the #1 option off the bench like Jamal Crawford or Aaron Brooks. Eliason, Kading, Werner, Wesenberg and Jacobson are going to present a lot more frontcourt options than we have this season. Miller should be the PG of the future so it's the wing that needed a bump. Hopefully Clements can provide that.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Maybe Clements can start next season and Dupree can go to the role he was always destined for which is the #1 option off the bench like Jamal Crawford or Aaron Brooks. Eliason, Kading, Werner, Wesenberg and Jacobson are going to present a lot more frontcourt options than we have this season. Miller should be the PG of the future so it's the wing that needed a bump. Hopefully Clements can provide that.
    I don't think Miller is a PG. Would rather have him as a legitimate scoring threat.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I don't think Miller is a PG. Would rather have him as a legitimate scoring threat.
    This

Dupree was a turnover machine last year as a true frosh, but in my limited time watching this season (3 games)
    he looks more and more like a PG, at least a combo guard. And with his ability to break down a defender,
    having a Miller waiting for the pass, he should be a good scorer with his shooting abililty. If you can have at least one more good ballhandler at the 2-3 spots, as the Bison do this season with LA, all the better for Carlin.

Miller is absolutely a point guard and he'd be the first person to tell you that. Just because he's 6'4" and can shoot doesn't mean he's not a point guard. NDSU fans need to embrace the idea that the PG of the future might not be 5'10" for once. If the issue is that you want the PG to be the distributor let me remind you that the foundation that NDSU D1 basketball was built on was 4 years of a score first point guard that once had 60 in a game, beat Marquette and Wisconsin on the road and led the 2009 NCAA tournament in single game scoring.

Yes. Dupree is a combo guard. This makes him the PERFECT first guard off the bench. I either want to see

Eliason
    Kading
    Jacobson
    Brown
    Miller

or

Kading
    Jacobson
    Brown
    Clements
    Miller

next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Miller is absolutely a point guard and he'd be the first person to tell you that. Just because he's 6'4" and can shoot doesn't mean he's not a point guard. NDSU fans need to embrace the idea that the PG of the future might not be 5'10" for once. If the issue is that you want the PG to be the distributor let me remind you that the foundation that NDSU D1 basketball was built on was 4 years of a score first point guard that once had 60 in a game, beat Marquette and Wisconsin on the road and led the 2009 NCAA tournament in single game scoring.
    ^^^THIS^^^ Miller has great ball skills and opens himself up for shots off the dribble. The kid will be a star. He has a swag to him like Woody. Can't wait to watch him grow.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

We are only 10 games into this season. Let worry about getting current team healthy and back playing. Finish the season out strong and then worry about next year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

This is a thread specifically dedicated to Malik committing to NDSU and the impact that it may or may not have on the program. Furthermore what we do or don't discuss/worry aboout on this message board is going to have very little effect on Coach Richman and his team. Let people talk about what they want to talk about.

Us fans can't look past the next game we will fawk everything up

Herd12
    Senior Member Has at least one Bison tattoo

Re: Malik Clements

Yes. Dupree is a combo guard. This makes him the PERFECT first guard off the bench.
    Love the enthusiasm for Miller by you and BisonNation11! It's great for the Bison to have such
    problems........... The day of only 1 PG playing at a time has changed as well, especially after
    last years' emphasis by the NCAA on D's hand-checking. So even if Miller is a PG, Coach can have lots of choices on line-ups. And with Clements being a strong 6' 2" - 6' 4", 3 guard line-ups are easier to run with,
    ala Brown playing SF (wing). That would take the pressure off Showalter needing to be a play-right-now PG next season.
    My one concern with Miller would be can he do both? Be that big scorer and a PG?
    I agree with the score-first PG thing you mentioned, that worked for NDSU. SDSU did not fare well in their one tournament game as their score-first PG did not score big (or be a dominant force) in that one tournament game.
    But it is something you see in the NCAA's when a mid-major advances.

Wolters is actually exactly who Paul reminds me of. Nate was taller than the rest of the point guards in the Summit too and he used it to his advantage. I agree that you have to have more than one point guard but as far as I'm concerned next season Paul, Showalter and Carlin will all have opportunity to get minutes at the 1.