Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Coastal tv ratings 1.47 million

Default NDSU Coastal tv ratings 1.47 million

Tv ratings I found at work:

1.47 million watched which was pretty good Heisman presentation was 3.4 million. Trending on twitter.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: NDSU Coastal tv ratings 1.47 million

Nice find. Thanks!
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

For comparison: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/coll...ll-tv-ratings/

In the exact same time slot on ESPN the Saturday before NDSU/CCU the Houston/Cincinnati game drew 1.31M viewers.

Great stat.....thanks for sharing!

Twice as many viewers as the MAC championship game....love it.

You can see the numbers here: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-more/339732/

The actual number was 1.447 million. For reference (and to get a shot in at some of the more obnoxious UND fans), that's more than double the ratings for the "NCAA This Is Big Time College Hockey National Championship."

Of course, it's going to be hard to get good ratings for this Friday's game on ESPN2, but I'll take them.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You can see the numbers here: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-more/339732/

The actual number was 1.447 million. For reference (and to get a shot in at some of the more obnoxious UND fans), that's more than double the ratings for the "NCAA This Is Big Time College Hockey National Championship."

Of course, it's going to be hard to get good ratings for this Friday's game on ESPN2, but I'll take them.
    That is the best news I've seen in a long time. I always suspected but never actually saw it.

Thanks for posting this. Last years rating of the NDSU Kstate game comes in at 585k viewers. Getting on ESPN is huge. Anyone know how to check all the tv ratings for college gameday this year? I wonder what the ratings will be for the season opener next year after we win our fourth natty in a row.(speculation)

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Last years rating of the NDSU Kstate game comes in at 585k viewers. Getting on ESPN is huge. Anyone know how to check all the tv ratings for college gameday this year? I wonder what the ratings will be for the season opener next year after we win our fourth natty in a row.(speculation)
    The key to ESPN (and a lot of Fox News) ratings is the "passive viewer". Those tend to be the default choices for televisions in public areas.

I've always suspected the ratings from some of the bowl games are your average Buffalo Wild Wings having 30 televisions tuned to ESPN. It also helps to be on the 1st tier of basic cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That is the best news I've seen in a long time. I always suspected but never actually saw it.
    Well, I better put a link to back it up or they'll just say that you are making it up.

Note: Educations of this sort should not be free. I'd suggest:

a) Bookmark the link below as well as the earlier in this thread on your phone.
    b) Drop a "Hey NDSU v CCU got twice the ratings of last year's NCAA DI Hockey championship" into a conversation with UND fans because they can't seem to help trying to compare FCS football unfavorably with with NCAA hockey.
    c) Watch them go into full denial and string them along for bit.
    d) Get them to bet on it
    e) Profit

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/255557121.html

The championship game, which featured Union's 7-4 victory over the Gophers, averaged 717,000 viewers, for a 33 percent increase over last year's championship game (Yale defeated Quinnipiac).
    Last edited by tony; 12-17-2014 at 06:46 PM.