Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Werner

Default Re: Dexter Werner

Nice call by Burgundy (and SlickVic) on this, but I always knew he was a player (sp?).

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...409#post639409

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am okay admitting it, Dex has become my favorite player on this team. He is 100% effort and crashes the glass aggressively, he wants every rebound. His wingspan along with his vertical make him a shot blocking machine and if he stays healthy he could leave NDSU as the leader in blocks. He definitely doesn't have the overall length and leaping ability that Trayvonn did but he defends the post and is an enforcer in the lane so he gets way more opportunities to block shots. If guys know they don't get to sub out for an entire half you can see the extra effort tail off a little as they don't want to get tired but this guy gave 110% every second he was on the floor, you know he had to be exhausted but what a game!

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think he's got a long ways to go before his offensive post game and footwork are as refined as Marshall's was. To be fair very few collegiate post players can compare to Marshall in that respect. Having said that Dex is a different player, he gets on the boards better and is a bigger disruptor defensively than Marshall was. I think offensively he relies a little too much on his right handed jump hook even though it is very effective. Defendrs are going to start taking that away from him so he'll have to adapt as the season goes on. If his improvement year over year is any indication he's more then capable of that.
    I agree with you, but he has been improving game over game in my opinion. It is apparent that he is getting coached up some, I'm hoping it keeps up at this pace. If we could get healthy the Summit could be in trouble.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

This was my take on Dex after the Iowa game.

"I will be interested to see how Dex plays against a team not filled with redwood trees. He just looked like he was playing from his chest to his head level with shots and where he grabbed rebounds. Thats not going to work and hopefully it was because of the length we were going against. Dude is a big kid but gave up his space to easily and ends up leaning off balance. The space is yours D&*%* keep it or take space from the defender. Still not sold on his play at all yet."

Lately he has been playing nothing like he was early in the year. He is going up and getting the rebound and not letting it come to him and he is taking his space. He is banging and banging well. His work on D has been great he doesn't stop moving and is giving different D looks constantly. Give him time to get the Offensive moves down and he is going to be DANGEROUS. I love how he is establishing his space now and not giving it up and not playing off balance. Keep banging and keep improving and conference season should be fun.

Props to the coaches as well ... some of the Year 1 to Year 2 improvement needs to be directed towards them!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Hey coach bring him on to my city league team Wed night.

PS. Where's Slick? This is the type of guy he would love. Yea boi. Chyea.

Lovin Dex right now. Slickvic will post again if I get off of moderated posts...that's my offer to bisonville
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IMO Dex earned a starting spot. He brings more energy and attitude then Kading.

What I like is how aggressive he is to get a block without being out of control and fouling. He did have two fouls but they were late in the game and one was because of his body, not him swatting. He just seems to come down with every rebound. If he was 3 inches taller, he would have been recruited by a big name school. But because he is just 6'6" and doesn't have a 40" verticle, he is here. There is something about North Dakota home grown players playing for a school in their state. They bring their work ethic, will, and determination into their sports careers at the school. They also seem to have such a sense of pride that they bust their ass so their home state's school can succeed. Dex is no different.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    IMO Dex earned a starting spot. He brings more energy and attitude then Kading.
    I would agree with this if I did not know that Kading may still be effects of some type of shoulder injury. He is still in the
    game working hard, might effect his shooting more than anything at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I would agree with this if I did not know that Kading may still be effects of some type of shoulder injury. He is still in the
    game working hard, might effect his shooting more than anything at this time.
    Even more reason to start Dex. Let Kading rest his shoulder more.