Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Werner

Default Dexter Werner

I don't think I have been more wrong about a player ever in sports than I've been about Werner. IMHO he is our most valuable player so far in this young season.

15 boards tonight so far. Dude completely controls the interior for arguably one of the thinnest inside teams in Division 1. IMHO. The biggest thing I see with him is the energy he plays with, and even more importantly how that energy rubs off on other players. It's like he sets the tone by example for how he expects his team to play every night, and when I see Kading trying to rip the ball away from the opponents there's no question his teammates follow suit.

Dexter Werner, I salute you..asbolutely love the way the kid plays.

Default Re: Dexter Werner

Yeah, he looked like a dude out there tonight. He flat out just out-hustled Akron inside. I loved the play where Johnson or Cheatham had, I think, LA posted up and Dexter came from the backside and denied the shot. You know those guys were lickin' their chops thinking about playing against a 6'6'' player from ND getting ready for the game...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm kinda with ya. I didn't have a low opinion of him, I really had none except he seemed a bit small on paper. He just completely schooled Akron's bigs

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the big misconception, especially on here, on recruits is there size and not their wing span. Dexter supposedly has a 7 foot wing span and this is a much bigger measurable than his 6'6" height. I mentioned it in the GDT for Akron, but he dominated the glass in Las Vegas Summer league and this proved he could play at this level and he is a basketball junkie. If he can improve just a little bit more his offensive game he will be a really good player for us.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Props to Burgandy on here...he's been singing Dex' praises for awhile. I'm a believer

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I think the big misconception, especially on here, on recruits is there size and not their wing span. Dexter supposedly has a 7 foot wing span and this is a much bigger measurable than his 6'6" height. I mentioned it in the GDT for Akron, but he dominated the glass in Las Vegas Summer league and this proved he could play at this level and he is a basketball junkie. If he can improve just a little bit more his offensive game he will be a really good player for us.
    With his funky build he doesn't look like a big but he of hell plays like a big. Flat out tough player.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Cant even begin to describe how impressed I was with Dex these last two games. Congrats to that young man, he can play on my team anyday.

He can definitely rebound and play some D. Needs to work on his touch with the ball and be a little more aggressive getting to the hoop off the pick plays. Definitely brings some energy!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd80 View Post
    Props to Burgandy on here...he's been singing Dex' praises for awhile. I'm a believer
    ^^^This. It encouraged me to see Burgandy's take a while back but I just saw serious proof against a good team. If this team continues playing defense like tonight we will be a nightmare for Summit teams this season. I'm keeping expectations in check but this was an encouraging performance. We can't afford injuries. Dex, stay healthy

Dex alone is worth the price of a ticket for those wondering what we are talking about.

533 In a row