Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CJ Smith

Default Re: CJ Smith

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I have said this in a few spots now, but do to the illegal touching rule Dudz did the right thing.
    I get the illegal touching thing. It makes some sense, but you're still taking a chance at losing possession by hanging around. The ball isn't round, still not sure I like the risk/reward. I guess it depends on how close the returner stays.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I get the illegal touching thing. It makes some sense, but you're still taking a chance at losing possession by hanging around. The ball isn't round, still not sure I like the risk/reward. I guess it depends on how close the returner stays.
    Ive never understood the rule in the first place. If a punt accidentally hits you its considered alive ball even though you did not attempt to catch it and you did not have possession of it. I can understand if you attempted to field the ball but other than that I dont understand.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I here by vote for a permanent ban of OP and deletion of this thread in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ive never understood the rule in the first place. If a punt accidentally hits you its considered alive ball even though you did not attempt to catch it and you did not have possession of it. I can understand if you attempted to field the ball but other than that I dont understand.

even if the punting team possess or downs the ball its still illegal touching and the blue bag is thrown....its not just if they muff it or the ball accidentally hits them. I remember on time when ( I think it was Mays) tried to take the ball out of a guys hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    NO that is the point, you cant lose possession after the punting team touches the ball.

I think you are saying CD might have accidentally kicked the ball or something like that right???? If so and the ball was already touched by the punting team then it does not matter as the receiving team cannot lose possession. (well there is one way you can lose possession, but I will not get into it cause this rule seems too complicated as it is)

even if the punting team possess or downs the ball its still illegal touching and the blue bag is thrown....its not just if they muff it or the ball accidentally hits them. I remember on time when ( I think it was Mays) tried to take the ball out of a guys hands.
    56 is talking about if the ball accidentally touches the receiving team first, in the second sentence. Then it is a live ball.

I get what you are saying. CJ has developed into a really good player, in one of the most difficult positions on the field, especially in our defense. Only thing I will say about his past couple game is that he had meniscus surgery 3 weeks ago(or so). He was challenged a lot last year because of Marcus. You could argue he was better( played better) than Marcus last year. Granted Marcus was dinged most of last year too. Bottom line, all these kids do their best and give it their all. I think we all can agree on that. Go Bison!

NO that is the point, you cant lose possession after the punting team touches the ball.

I think you are saying CD might have accidentally kicked the ball or something like that right???? If so and the ball was already touched by the punting team then it does not matter as the receiving team cannot lose possession. (well there is one way you can lose possession, but I will not get into it cause this rule seems too complicated as it is)
    What I'm saying is if the ball touches a player on the receiving team first the kicking team can recover it so when it's bouncing and rolling and the returner is standing there along with three guys from the cover team that is a dangerous situation.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie